Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: Do you send Christmas Cards ?

Yes!.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:51 PM

I can honestly say that I never enjoyed sending Christmas cards, it was just another Christmas chore!
I never understood why people sent them to the people they were likely to see over the holiday, and there were very few that I didn't see.

For the last 3 years I haven't sent any but, I do send ones via the internet, to people who live abroad. The rest I speak to on the phone, and many of them now see sending cards as what they really are....a means of card companies & the post to make more money.
My money now is given to Animal charities, where the recipients wont be stuffing their faces with too much food.... but it may offer them a place to sleep and a guaranteed meal!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:36 PM

I do Muddy, I was planning to buy a few boxes this week but decided to ask HWMO to go up in the attic and fetch the box down that holds all the previous years' boxed cards.
There were dozens!! (when I think of all those times I ran out of an envelope!).
So, being the tightwad I am, I refuse to buy any more until each and everyone of these are used first.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I made and sent about 120 this year - a lot of them can be hand delivered (thank goodness ) but - yes - the list diminishes year by year. I love making them though, and I love receiving them - they bring a lot of joy.
Silver, you made 120 cards? Wow, that is a lot....you must have a lot of friends. They are all lucky to get one of your home made cards, they are the best I have ever seen anywhere....

Way to go silver
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do .
But the list is much less now .
I think I may have sent 20 this year of which most were to immediate family and old friends.
Muddy, this is the first year, I just haven't been able to get around to do this and other things for Christmas. I just am not up to it this year...

Last year I sent about 5 out-of-towners......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I do Muddy, I was planning to buy a few boxes this week but decided to ask HWMO to go up in the attic and fetch the box down that holds all the previous years' boxed cards.
There were dozens!! (when I think of all those times I ran out of an envelope!).
So, being the tightwad I am, I refuse to buy any more until each and everyone of these are used first.
I tried that last year and I swear some of them were from the 70's.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:32 PM

No, I hand-deliver the few cards I give out. I'm not really into Christmas but I consider it rude to get a card and not return the favour.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes!.....
Where is mine?

Yes, of course, I send cards.
But yes less than years ago, as many have now passed away.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:20 PM

My Christmas card to you all
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:11 AM

Nice one, Dave H.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top