Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Re: Andy Murray -

Oh please how is'the media ' going to destroy him ?
They love him .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Easily these days one word out of place and people are nearly crucified. His poor mum has had a couple of occasions when I bet she wished she hadn't said anything because of the backlash.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Floydy, you can come across as quite ignorant at times.

Andy Murray is in fact a very caring person. He was the best tennis player we've had for many, many years. Like many other sportsmen he also does a lot for Charity.

Judy, his mother is not just a celebrity, she has played tennis since childhood, won 64 titles in Scotland during her Junior and Senior career and is now the Scottish tennis coach. She has also been awarded the OBE for services to tennis, women in sport, and charity.

Now, tell me again weight lifters do.
Slap on the wrist then for the ignorant Floydy. It's as if you knew him personally.
I'm entitled to my opinion Mags, it's a chat site. I don't like him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Easily these days one word out of place and people are nearly crucified. His poor mum has had a couple of occasions when I bet she wished she hadn't said anything because of the backlash.

Poor is not a word I would use to describe Judy Murray
But I have never heard anything bad written about her -apart from being the worst dancer ever on Strictly !
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The sight of Andy Murray snivelling on TV is enough to make you puke
What happened to Scottish stoicism ?
FGS man up man .
You are not dying you are just not going to play high level tennis anymore .
I agree.

He had a good career, reached the top, made a load of money, and now it's over. It's not as if he's been disgraced, stripped of his titles or anything.

But today he went down in my estimations.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Slap on the wrist then for the ignorant Floydy. It's as if you knew him personally.
I'm entitled to my opinion Mags, it's a chat site. I don't like him.
Some opinion Floydy

Tennis players come and go and this huge-gobbed English-hating attention-sucking Scot will be replaced by another tedious limelight-hugging bore.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:44 PM

Not even poofy footballers cry when their career comes to an end ... do they?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
They were saying on the news today that they couldn't imagine tennis without him. Whaaaat? Tennis players come and go and this huge-gobbed English-hating cry baby attention-sucking Scot will be replaced by another tedious limelight-hugging bore.

I bet his mum Judy is even more devastated.
She won't be a "celebrity" anymore, squeezing her cash from his fame.
Hope you don't mind Floydy I added The Cry Baby bit

For this post Floydy in my book you gain

10 credit points
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Wow, do I ever agree with you Julie, even tho I don't know the man or his mother as I don't watch sports, but I sure do know how cruel some people can be.

I have said things and had to suffer the backlash from people who wish I would be banned for life.

I can understand why he would be in tears and his mother also.....people seem to be more cruel than animals.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2019, 05:05 PM

WB no one is being cruel to him
He has had one of the greatest careers in British sport .
His mother wasn't crying as far as I know she wasn't even on TV.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top