Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 05:54 PM

Re: Andy Murray -

The only reason I got my Knee operations in my 50s was because I promised to give up the Line dancing and not return to it after the operations. I had no choice but to agree. They dont usually do these ops until the person is 60.
Mind you what the Surgeon would say if he knew I was having beach gallops on a Clydesdale or hacking in the hills a few times a week, I really don't know lol. But I have no intention of telling him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 05:59 PM

FGS Ruthie do you have to be so sanctimonious !
Everything you dont agree with is toxic .
You will wear that word out !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
The only reason I got my Knee operations in my 50s was because I promised to give up the Line dancing and not return to it after the operations. I had no choice but to agree. They dont usually do these ops until the person is 60.
Mind you what the Surgeon would say if he knew I was having beach gallops on a Clydesdale or hacking in the hills a few times a week, I really don't know lol. But I have no intention of telling him.
Those gallops are good if not for knees definitely for the soul!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Those gallops are definitely good if not for knees definitely for the soul!
My argument with the Surgeon would be...I use my thighs not my knees for control.
Your right a beach gallop is a great stress buster..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 06:27 PM

I always admired him for his 3 Grand Slams, 2 Olympic Golds, all the Masters titles he won plus leading Britain to Davis Cup Glory. That, plus being number 1 for 40 weeks or so. I'm a big tennis fan.

But I don't think I like him much as a human being. He is self indulgent and a tad vainglorious but full of insincere humblebrags. Don't like his mother much, either.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Not even poofy footballers cry when their career comes to an end ... do they?
Gascoine??
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Gascoigne would cry if you took his drink off him.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
BTW being brought up to keep emotions in was undoing of my husband and sent him into a tail spin ended up in a mental health facility last year, better to let it out than mess yourself up in that way.
If that is in response to me, Julie, I never said I was brought up to 'keep emotions in' - just not to exhibit them in public.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-01-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That's a real shame for you. There are things I can no longer do that I used to enjoy tremendously. Mostly outdoor activities, too.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
He's not crying due to the cruelty of people he's crying because of the loss of money and the prestige that goes with his now lost tennis career,

never mind the BBC will snap him up as a commentator which will keep the family fed on Haggis and Tatties .

We will see him (and mum) fronting lots of tennis tournaments programmes, and any other sport. He will be in celeb cooking programmes, train journey programmes around anywhere, quiz panels, political debates about Scottish Independence and Brexit. Do you honestly think you have seen the last of him? Hell no...he has already been lined up for mental health programmes, under the heading, How I survived Tennis Hell, there is a book in there and a bloody film

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top