Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: The Voice

I'd rather watch a programme about building a yacht.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:59 PM

So would I Floydy, what ever floats our boat hey.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So would I Floydy, what ever floats our boat hey.
You don't need a lot of money to buy a yacht actually, Spitfire. If you only live frugally by baking bread for a living or something, you can purchase one for £100,000. It's a snip really isn't it?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:43 AM

Who won't be watching tonight?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-01-2020, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone remember the good old days when, the stage door opened, and some totally unintroduced person wandered onto the stage, sang, and if not selected, wandered off again.
Now, you get the back story, before they sing, and, you can tell by the in depthness of the story if they will be selected or not, because of this, the potential number of contestants has been cut, by at least 50%.
It was quicker to find this than type it again.

I gave the show 20 minutes before changing channels, thanks ITV but, no thanks.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 09:02 AM

Maybe I dont have the best memory for remembering those who do win in the finals but after the show do we ever hear or see them again , they dont seem to go onto better brighter things or make more music . There is a big build up they are treated like stars then dumped . I wonder how they deal with it

My daughter is a musician now in her late 40s , when she was 18 she was selected to go on Stars in their eyes . I was there at the Manchester studios and watched the live filming . Remember when they walked through the vapour and looked like their idol, that was all filmed separately we watched each sequence it was cleverly put together took about 4 hours .

Daughter was Linda Perry from 4 non blondes singing "what's going on" she didnt win George Michael one and he was good . Matthew was the presenter and it is somewhere on you tube. Daughter was treated like a star for days , had her own silver star on her dressing room door ( which I still have today ) the moment the show was over she was dropped like a hot brick just like George Michael the winner . They all got paid £500.though .
She has gone on to become a music and drama teacher and still gigs and made a good living out of it .

Ahh memories
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Maybe I dont have the best memory for remembering those who do win in the finals but after the show do we ever hear or see them again , they dont seem to go onto better brighter things or make more music . There is a big build up they are treated like stars then dumped . I wonder how they deal with it

My daughter is a musician now in her late 40s , when she was 18 she was selected to go on Stars in their eyes . I was there at the Manchester studios and watched the live filming . Remember when they walked through the vapour and looked like their idol, that was all filmed separately we watched each sequence it was cleverly put together took about 4 hours .

Daughter was Linda Perry from 4 non blondes singing "what's going on" she didnt win George Michael one and he was good . Matthew was the presenter and it is somewhere on you tube. Daughter was treated like a star for days , had her own silver star on her dressing room door ( which I still have today ) the moment the show was over she was dropped like a hot brick just like George Michael the winner . They all got paid £500.though .
She has gone on to become a music and drama teacher and still gigs and made a good living out of it .

Ahh memories
I used to watch that program series, Susan, sorry, don't remember it well though. £500 was a lot of money then though & I guess she had a good time.

I do like The Voice, even if the winner is never is heard again. I like the 'impromtu' singing between acts too.
No doubt it is rehearsed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I used to watch that program series, Susan, sorry, don't remember it well though. £500 was a lot of money then though & I guess she had a good time.

I do like The Voice, even if the winner is never is heard again. I like the 'impromtu' singing between acts too.
No doubt it is rehearsed.

I agree, Tiff.

Don't particularly like Ollie's new hair-do much, but old Tom's still got it hasn't he. In fact I like him better now than when he was younger. He seems more of a gentleman now he has stopped trying to be such a sex symbol.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 06:00 PM

Watched a little bit-just because I like Tom.Don't like the new judge seems full of herself.Don't think I'll watch it again.Weekend programs are rubbish-except Call The Midwife.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 06:23 PM

I like the Voice and Tom Jones is my favourite coach on the programme. He still has his remarkably powerful voice and is respected by the other coaches.

I’m not too keen on the new judge/coach at the moment, she is too showy.....but that may change later.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top