Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Blackadder.

I have just been given a boxed set of this - in spite of the fact that I have repeatedly said I find Rowan Atkinson repulsive and don't want to see it. However, the friend who donated it assures me that it is so funny I will overcome my dislike and laugh my stockings off. I'm not so sure.

What do others think?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:12 PM

Re: Blackadder.

Well I must admit I don't normally change my mind if I don't like something, Tabby.
A thought just occurred to me though - if your friend knew you didn't like Rown Atkinson, was he/she just having a laugh or do you think it was a genuine pressy?

I would say give it a try, even if only a short burst, at least then you can say with a clear conscience you had a look, and thank you, but it wasn't for you.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:25 PM

My best advice is to give Series 1 a miss - it is not indicative of the rest of the series and will put you right off .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:34 PM

Blackadder Goes Forth is one of the funniest series ever made .It is however quite dark and contains some satirical views of WW1 and the way it’s was conducted ( lions lead by donkeys )
The last episode is poignant.

The character of Captain Blackadder is nothing like Mr Bean .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:35 PM

Agreed Omah!
But you will laugh your socks off at ALL the others Tabs!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Thanks everyone - will give it a try over the weekend.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well I must admit I don't normally change my mind if I don't like something, Tabby.
A thought just occurred to me though - if your friend knew you didn't like Rown Atkinson, was he/she just having a laugh or do you think it was a genuine pressy?
Definitely genuine, Mups. She couldn't believe I had never actually seen it - and she finds it so funny that she is convinced I will too. Have just noticed Miranda Richardson is in it - she's a good actress - seen her in lots of things.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:30 PM

I love Blackadder

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-09-2019, 09:35 PM

Oh - I hadn't realised Stephen Fry was in it - it becomes more interesting by the minute!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:12 PM

Along with Fawlty Towers one of the funniest British Comedies ever. Baldrick steals the show in most episodes. I have the whole set and I've watched the whole lot at least 10 times. But yes I do agree the first series is way below par with the rest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top