Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 06:14 AM

Re: Blackadder.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Along with Fawlty Towers one of the funniest British Comedies ever. Baldrick steals the show in most episodes. I have the whole set and I've watched the whole lot at least 10 times. But yes I do agree the first series is way below par with the rest.
Never seen that one either - but I believe the popular catch word from it is "Que ?".
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:12 AM

I agree about Series 1 - the medieval setting. He is just Mr Bean in a costume, really unfunny IMO. The other series are the funniest stuff I've seen on TV in years. However, humour is very subjective, some people roll about watching Miranda and Summer Wine which leave me totally cold, others can't stand The Office which again I loved. Depends if you prefer wit or slapstick really. If slapstick and gentle humour's your thing, forget it and give the box set to someone who'll appreciate it.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:46 AM

Absolutely loved Blackadder.
I've posted this before, my favourite sketch. You can probably see why.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 08:08 AM

I have a cunning plan sir

Have to chuckle just thinking about Black Adder...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 05:39 PM

OK - cats fed and snoring, all chores done, Red wine opendn and breathing, plentiful supply of nuts and crisps - let Black Adder Night - begin!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

29-09-2019, 04:09 PM

Lost the will to live 5 - 10 mins into Episode 1 of series 1.

Remembered that a few of you had said series 1 was not so good anyway, changed to series 2 - managed to survive a couple of episodes of that and 1 episode of series 3 before deciding any more would be nothing short of masochism - and shoved the whole lot back in the box!! Definitely not for me.

It was not just my dislike of Rowan Atkinson either.
I cannot stand Trevor Eve - but do enjoy watching "Waking the Dead" because the rest of the cast are good and the story lines excellent.

Once I saw the cast list for Black Adder I thought it may be the same - Elspet Grey, Stephen Fry, Brian Blessed, Miranda Richardson et al - all good actors - but, alas, they could not redeem it.

If anyone wants a boxed set - speak now - or it goes out in tomorrow's charity bag collection!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:50 PM

Must be the most poignant scene in TV comedy

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

29-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Sorry, Muddy, didn't make it as far as that one!

Did revisit the box to take a look at Black Adder's Christmas Carol - preferred the Muppet's version.

I think I may have just become a minority group!!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Lost the will to live 5 - 10 mins into Episode 1 of series 1.

Remembered that a few of you had said series 1 was not so good anyway, changed to series 2 - managed to survive a couple of episodes of that and 1 episode of series 3 before deciding any more would be nothing short of masochism - and shoved the whole lot back in the box!! Definitely not for me.

It was not just my dislike of Rowan Atkinson either.
I cannot stand Trevor Eve - but do enjoy watching "Waking the Dead" because the rest of the cast are good and the story lines excellent.

Once I saw the cast list for Black Adder I thought it may be the same - Elspet Grey, Stephen Fry, Brian Blessed, Miranda Richardson et al - all good actors - but, alas, they could not redeem it.

If anyone wants a boxed set - speak now - or it goes out in tomorrow's charity bag collection!
Yes please Tabs - happy to pay the postage..
I loved the series.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:39 PM

I never liked it. I found it a bit like watching a play rather than a TV programme. The acting was too wooden and the dialogue didn't seem rehearsed, it sounded like they were reading a script on a radio play.
Just couldn't get on with it at all.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top