Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:45 AM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't mind how much they charge, just want it done.
I'll do it for you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'll do it for you.
Ummmm! Well, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll go with my proper hair dresser.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Hi

Went to the Barbers this morning, screens up, sanitiser, a walk in, same price, a Tenner, no problem at all.

He only has two cutting and 3 waiting to observe the distancing

I am still as ugly as sin, but no longer scruffy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Went to the Barbers this morning, screens up, sanitiser, a walk in, same price, a Tenner, no problem at all.

He only has two cutting and 3 waiting to observe the distancing

I am still as ugly as sin, but no longer scruffy.
Oh Swimmy, I hope you haven't passed on your streaming cold to them!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 03:06 PM

Just got my hair cut today - hallelujah. Was walking around like Ken Dodd. Paid her double the usual price as there was two months worth of hair to get rid of. Feels a lot better now.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 03:31 PM

I am also shorn of my fleece, see Avatar. Went early this morning (0730am), to a really traditional old fashioned barber in town. Best tenner I've ever spent. Did'nt get offered, "Something for the Weekend Sir" But that's alright, I already have the TV programme magazine for Saturday & Sunday!!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 05:54 PM

I’m happy to wait although I’ve rung twice and got the answering machine .
. I have layered sleek locks which haven’t gone out of shape ,just got longer .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Saw this thread and thought, Oh shite, I have to phone my hairdresser for an appointment. So I did, and she can't fit me in until the end of this month. I already look like an aged prog rocker with hair down past my shoulders so I passed on this and I'll just have to find a barber's in town asap.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 07:14 PM

Hairdresser appt a little different, just had to take my temperature and required to fill in form to say that I was ok, the PPE can get uncomfortable under dryer, with no mags to read a tedious 20 minutes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 08:00 PM

I'm a happy bunny again! All went well at the salon, temperature taken on going in, filled in a NHS form which had to be dated, signed, name, address and telephone number. That was followed by sanitising hands and donning a face mask.

Everything was arranged perfectly, screens between clients and around the reception desk. Four stylists working, all wearing face shields and five clients being attended to. No cloth gowns, everything plastic throwaway.

I felt back in the world again, it made a lovely change going there

Given an appointment for 6 weeks time and if things get bad again with the virus, my stylist said she would phone me if there was any signs of another lockdown so that I could be 'tidied up' before that happened.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top