Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 06:46 PM

Re: Taking the Knee on F1

I would kneel to the Queen, I knelt when proposing to my wife and to adopt a fire position, but I am odd like that
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I would kneel to the Queen, I knelt when proposing to my wife and to adopt a fire position, but I am odd like that
I agree Vlad, I would kneel to the Queen, and although I'm not too religious, when I accompanied Mrs Fox to midnight mass at Christmas I knelt when the vicar gave me some bread and wine....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 10:56 PM

Hamilton is a disgrace in my opinion because it was him who started it all off by going to the press and airing his anger and disappointment that F1 had stayed quiet and that being quiet proved there was inequality problems within F1. Hamilton also spoke to the press about his disgust with the other F1 drivers for not taking a stand together on the issue of BLM.

Hamilton used the colour of his skin and his position as current F1 world champion to publicly shame the sport and his fellow drivers to force them into doing something.

Him being a British driver, I naturally rooted for him to win but I wont be doing that anymore.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree Vlad, I would kneel to the Queen, and although I'm not too religious, when I accompanied Mrs Fox to midnight mass at Christmas I knelt when the vicar gave me some bread and wine....
And I am a Republican But she was my boss when I was in the military.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

Him being a British driver, I naturally rooted for him to win but I wont be doing that anymore.
He's not British. He lives in Monaco to avoid paying tax, so has no right to call himself British any more...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Hamilton is a disgrace in my opinion because it was him who started it all off by going to the press and airing his anger and disappointment that F1 had stayed quiet and that being quiet proved there was inequality problems within F1. Hamilton also spoke to the press about his disgust with the other F1 drivers for not taking a stand together on the issue of BLM.

Hamilton used the colour of his skin and his position as current F1 world champion to publicly shame the sport and his fellow drivers to force them into doing something.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
He's not British. He lives in Monaco to avoid paying tax, so has no right to call himself British any more...
Yep! this...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He's [hamilton] just a mardi, spoilt get whose gone way down in my estimation...
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 12:58 PM

If he wants to help the underprivileged kids here in the UK, he should pay Tax… then his money could provide more financial support to education, child support and more.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
That is what makes his stance on BLM even worse. Taxes goes towards sustaining a wealth-fare state, it helps fund education, the NHS, social housing, free school meals, free school bus transport and who is going to benifit from all of this, yes, black people and here we have a mixed race man shaming his sport into supporting BLM whilst he lives in a country known for being a 'tax haven' where people can live to avoid paying the proper and full amount of tax on their earnings.

A legal tax dodger crying out BLM, taxes that would got to help BLM, taxes that Hamilton does not pay. Ironic isn't it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-07-2020, 09:55 PM

I'm just wondering if Hamilton may have shot himself in the foot......
I always record the F1 highlights in case I miss it, and also so I can wind through the endless adverts that always seem to accompany the race....And I've just watched a rerun of the race. Hamilton was given a penalty for an incident during qualifying which placed him in fifth place on the grid....He was later given a five second penalty for another incident on the last few laps of the race, that seemed to surprise the pundits who like me thought it was just a racing incident. That sent him back to fourth at the end of the race as Lando Norris [who was in fourth] had now been elevated to third and a place on the podium for Maclaren.

It was suggested by the race pundits that Mercedes could have let him pass Bottas to allow him scoot away and regain the five seconds and thereby producing a one two for Mercedes.....But they didn't....Is it possible that Hamiltons season is going to full of such mishaps? Has he embarrassed some powerful people who control F1? Just a thought.....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm just wondering if Hamilton may have shot himself in the foot......
I always record the F1 highlights in case I miss it, and also so I can wind through the endless adverts that always seem to accompany the race....And I've just watched a rerun of the race. Hamilton was given a penalty for an incident during qualifying which placed him in fifth place on the grid....He was later given a five second penalty for another incident on the last few laps of the race, that seemed to surprise the pundits who like me thought it was just a racing incident. That sent him back to fourth at the end of the race as Lando Norris [who was in fourth] had now been elevated to third and a place on the podium for Maclaren.

It was suggested by the race pundits that Mercedes could have let him pass Bottas to allow him scoot away and regain the five seconds and thereby producing a one two for Mercedes.....But they didn't....Is it possible that Hamiltons season is going to full of such mishaps? Has he embarrassed some powerful people who control F1? Just a thought.....
Both Mercedes had a problem foxy, they were told to avoid the kerbs, no point in racing ahead and risking the cars, better fourth than a dnf

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top