Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Ideas please

63x9 inches

Above was the uprights to the old gargen wooden arch. So I cut off the rotten ends and sanded down with a belt sander the top encrusted layer. Next clamped al 4 lengths together and again sanded down to they are level with each other.

I was going to make another shelf for a work bench top using the extra angle iron as the legs, but it is too long and I don't want to cut it down .

All I can thing of is a garden bench, it is strong enough with supports in the right places- a wooden path for getting onto the veg patch .

Any ideas most welcome
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:53 AM

Re: Ideas please

You could put it on legs against the garden fence .
It would be a good viewing platform to sticky beak on the neighbours

I plan on building one for my dog so that he can see who he’s barking at
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

63x9 inches

Above was the uprights to the old gargen wooden arch. So I cut off the rotten ends and sanded down with a belt sander the top encrusted layer. Next clamped al 4 lengths together and again sanded down to they are level with each other.

I was going to make another shelf for a work bench top using the extra angle iron as the legs, but it is too long and I don't want to cut it down .

All I can thing of is a garden bench, it is strong enough with supports in the right places- a wooden path for getting onto the veg patch .

Any ideas most welcome
What type of wood is it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
What type of wood is it?
no idea but a fairly hard wood
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 11:18 AM

I'd make a rustic picture frame with some of it. Maybe leave it raw and even distress it a bit by "whipping" it gently with a light chain. Or oil it with some Tung oil.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'd make a rustic picture frame with some of it. Maybe leave it raw and even distress it a bit by "whipping" it gently with a light chain. Or oil it with some Tung oil.
Cant tell if your a sadist or a masochist KZ
Whip it and oil it with toungue???
Oooerrr!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 12:17 PM

How about a garden arch?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 12:34 PM

Chop it up for firewood "To take away"? .....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 01:17 PM

I think your original idea is best - A garden bench.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 05:26 PM

What about standing vertical in the garden somewhere hot then using plant holder/wire or something similar to hold maybe pots of herbs or any chosen plant?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top