Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 12:06 PM

Scammed.

On Facebook...

Gave money,sent sweets to Uganda.

Next thing I read..their profile is waiting for verification.

Oh well...we live and learn.

The heart gets in the way sometimes...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 12:13 PM

Re: Scammed.

So many scams around at the moment so take extra care. Two of my recent phone calls were allegedly from Amazon telling me that I was about to be be debited £79.99.9999 for this months Prime account which of course is £7.99. A clue when answering your phone is a long delay before they start talking. Be aware! Hang up straight away. These people can be quite convincing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
On Facebook...

No sympathy. None at all. I presume your bank requested verification. Just as well. Your bank account would be empty otherwise.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
On Facebook...

I can only praise the sentiment behind your gesture.

But sadly today, kind people like yourself have become targets, due to your/their kind nature and willingness the help the suffering of others

Please be very careful
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:02 PM

Give me a Pauline3 every time. The Heartless Todger? No thanks.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:03 PM

Have been getting a fair few emails which look pretty authentic. Inevitably, there's a "click here to login to your account" button. Invariably, when I actually go to the proper login page, and look at my account and nay messages, no such problems have ever been highlighted.

Whatever you do, unless you are 100% happy, never authorise a payment via PayPal since the fact that you've ok'd it means they cannot and will not refund you if the payment is for a scam.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Agree with Pauline's sentiment and intention. But in this day and age, with so many scammers out there, one really should be extremely wary of sending cash out anywhere.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No sympathy. None at all. I presume your bank requested verification. Just as well. Your bank account would be empty otherwise.

Oh no...I wouldn’t give bank details..I sent cash..recorded delivery..P.O box..

I thought it was a mother and her 3 children..her son was the one I exchanged messages with (that’s what I thought)..I sent them 2 Jiffy bags full of sweets..

Never mind...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agree with Pauline's sentiment and intention. But in this day and age, with so many scammers out there, one really should be extremely wary of sending cash out anywhere.

First time I’ve been caught out..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top