Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:45 AM

Chinese Floating Walkway

This walkway looks amazing....I love it at night all lit up..

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:56 AM

Re: Chinese Floating Walkway

Good grief Aysa, that's amazing isn't it. I agree, it does look beautiful at night. I wonder how long it took to build that, and what it cost?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:05 AM

Really is amazing Mups I agree...

On New Year's Day, China opened up its 31-mile-long floating walkway, located in Luodian County of southwest China's Guizhou Province. The walkway is twice as long as the city of Manhattan and has already received tens of thousands of tourists.
The scenic walkway in Xuan’en County of central China’s Hubei Province measures approximately 1,640 feet (500 metres) and it wraps around the lush green landscape that surrounds it according to People’s Daily Online. The wooden walkway allows visitors to see a part of a valley that was previously accessible only by rowing boat....

This was all the info I could find atm about it Mups...but it mustve taken ages to build it I would imagine!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:29 AM

They are pretty good at this sort of thing. Beautiful !

They also have a 'see through' walkway, what seems like miles up and going around the side of a mountain (I think) That is quite scary to look at.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:48 AM

Surprise, surprise .... it does nothing for me.

Beautiful ? Nahh - horrible, wasteful, plastic, artificial man-made crap.

What on earth is wrong with walking along a natural, unspoiled beach
or, in this case, a low-impact walkway around the perimeter of the lake or river - across any small waterways, through the trees, surrounded by native flora and perhaps even the occasional native bird or animal ?

Each to his or her own but the comparison (to me) would be like living in a soul-less highrise apartment in a tourist mecca or
a cottage beside Pumicestone Passage Marine Park.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

or, in this case, a low-impact walkway around the perimeter of the lake or river - across any small waterways, through the trees, surrounded by native flora and perhaps even the occasional native bird or animal ?

I can see your point Pummy (for a change ), a perimeter walk would have probably been lovely too.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can see your point Pummy
Bloody hell, these shorts have gotta GO !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

Each to his or her own but the comparison (to me) would be like living in a soul-less highrise apartment in a tourist mecca or
a cottage beside Pumicestone Passage Marine Park.
I'm with you on this one Pummy
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:03 PM

I expect it gave lots of people jobs and increases tourism in that area.
I imagine walking on it would be quite an unusual experience, not that I'd fancy it as I don't like water.
I don't see the point in things like the London Eye but I'm sure many enjoy it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I expect it gave lots of people jobs and increases tourism in that area.
I imagine walking on it would be quite an unusual experience, not that I'd fancy it as I don't like water.
I don't see the point in things like the London Eye but I'm sure many enjoy it.
Exactly TessA ..I thought it was an amazing structure but ofc a natural walkway will always be better ,for me anyway..I certainly wouldnt scoff at taking a walk around it though ,it looks beautiful actually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top