Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:15 AM

Re: EU "Stop BrExit" Next Phase

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why does the EU want to make it more expensive for itself, firstly, and secondly, as I explained before exchange rates can reduce or completely negate in some cases, the tarrif amount applied to goods.

All you will do is have the UK put tarrifs on EU imports and have a different arrangement for the USA and the rest of the world.

The EU problem is a much bigger one because it will need its exporters to the UK to lower its prices to compete with the rest of the world. That means, less profit, less tax revenue, less jobs, less wage growth etc etc.
Hi

We cannot do that until we have arranged Free Trade Agreements with the Countries involved.

WTO Rules prohibit it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We cannot do that until we have arranged Free Trade Agreements with the Countries involved.

WTO Rules prohibit it.

We don't need FTA's, we can do this very simply with bilateral agreements and Mutual Recognition Arrangements.

There is nothing to stop us having a bilateral agreement on bananas with the USA with zero tarrifs and stick 40% tarrifs on the rest of the world.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 02:46 PM

Hi

WTO Rules prohibit it.
Do I understand correctly.
If a british firm at present sells e.g. cake to a EU memberstate for €5, there are no tariffs to be paid. Making that price lower than the price israel offers it's cake for. The israel price is €4,80, but due to the third party wto tariff it's price rises to €5,10.
If the same british firm wants to sell it's cake post brexit, it will be treated equal to israel, making the price of the cake €5,30 (5,00 + 0,30).

Now the customer in the EU has the choice between a cake from britain for €5,30 or the same product from israel for €5,10. Unless britain lowers it's price for cake, the european customer will buy the cake from israel and eat it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If a british firm at present sells e.g. cake to a EU memberstate for €5, there are no tariffs to be paid. Making that price lower than the price israel offers it's cake for. The israel price is €4,80, but due to the third party wto tariff it's price rises to €5,10.
If the same british firm wants to sell it's cake post brexit, it will be treated equal to israel, making the price of the cake €5,30 (5,00 + 0,30).

Now the customer in the EU has the choice between a cake from britain for €5,30 or the same product from israel for €5,10. Unless britain lowers it's price for cake, the european customer will buy the cake from israel and eat it.
The unit price of 5EU is higher than the unit price of the Israel cake which is 4.80EU.

This is the problem for the EU.

They need to LOWER their prices if we have free trade with other countries. Because of the tarrif from everywhere else, the EU countries have raised their prices so they are still cheaper, but make more money.

So, the 27 need to reduce their profits and remove tarrifs if they want to compete because we buy more from them than they sell to us.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Just goesto show Solly, as you often say, we cant have our cake
and eat it can we?
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just goesto show Solly, as you often say, we cant have our cake
and eat it can we?
Donkeyman!
Since the EU refuses to buy it, you can keep it and eat it yourself. Not a bad solution to UK's loss of european market.

Btw, time of posting is 7.05, which is the actual time here. I suppose you are living at 6.05?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The unit price of 5EU is higher than the unit price of the Israel cake which is 4.80EU.

This is the problem for the EU.

They need to LOWER their prices if we have free trade with other countries. Because of the tarrif from everywhere else, the EU countries have raised their prices so they are still cheaper, but make more money.

So, the 27 need to reduce their profits and remove tarrifs if they want to compete because we buy more from them than they sell to us.
Hi

Facts.

Car Manufacturing.

https://www.acea.be/statistics/artic...in-eu-partners

The EU is bigger, much bigger, so it hurts them less.

The foreign car manufacturers based in the UK, Nissan, Toyota, Honda,etc export largely to the EU.

They will move if it suits them.

We are now a competitor, they owe us nothing and do what they think is best for them.

The Boris Withdrawal Agreement includes May's agreed payments to them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-12-2019, 12:55 AM

Hi

Facts.

Car Manufacturing.

https://www.acea.be/statistics/artic...in-eu-partners

The EU is bigger, much bigger, so it hurts them less.

The foreign car manufacturers based in the UK, Nissan, Toyota, Honda,etc export largely to the EU.

We are now a competitor, they owe us nothing and do what they think is best for them.

The Boris Withdrawal Agreement includes May's agreed payments to them.

No car manufacturer is going to move production costing billions In moving recruiting tooling etc fir a 6% tariff.

Be sensible.

Besides we can just stick tariffs on merkels cars which will hurt Germany a lot more.

Not being funny but I'm getting sick of explaining this over and over and over to you. I can't make you understand can I?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-12-2019, 02:49 PM

Hi
Car
Like CNN reported last week, brexit can cut half of UK's car production.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/28/b...try/index.html
Or like vauxhall move: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49146645
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 06:09 PM

Uri Geller, said he was going to stop Brexit. He told Theresa May he was going to do it, using telepathy..

Here is an excerpt from Sky News about the way he was going to do it.....

Illusionist Uri Geller has vowed to "telepathically" stop Brexit in an open letter addressed to Theresa May.

The TV personality said he "admired" the prime minister but felt "physically and very strongly" that most Britons were against the UK's withdrawal from the EU.

He wrote: "I feel psychically and very strongly that most British people do not want Brexit.

"I love you very much but I will not allow you to lead Britain into Brexit.

"As much as I admire you, I will stop you telepathically from doing this - and believe me I am capable of executing it."

I think he should stick to bending spoons!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top