Join for free
Page 100 of 505 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:34 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

There is really only one answer: hand cleansers only work if they contain alcohol : virus cannot survive alcohol : drink alcohol : keep drinking it :
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The World Health Organization (WHO) said today, "It is a false hope that the virus will die out when the weather turns warmer."

PS: I don't get all this panic buying of toilet paper. What has that to do with pneumonia ??? Have there been reports of diarrhea in reported cases ???
Well I bought a pack of 24 rolls of loo paper today not because I'm panic buying but because I always buy loo roll in bulk and it was only £5.50 from Iceland!

But yeah, I don't get why everyone is buying up toilet rolls, nowt na queer as folk so the saying goes
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The World Health Organization (WHO) said today, "It is a false hope that the virus will die out when the weather turns warmer."

PS: I don't get all this panic buying of toilet paper. What has that to do with pneumonia ??? Have there been reports of diarrhea in reported cases ???
Nothing to do with the symptoms of the virus bakerman, more a delivery problem due to the virus....Stuff not getting through to the shops so creating shortages. As more people are sent home from work to prevent the spread of the virus, production and supply is going to be a problem, perhaps toilet rolls will experience the first shortage.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:57 PM

I shop every two days no shortages so far for me

Mind you my shopping is a Litre of Whisky and 3/ 17 pence fake coke containers

And 2 currys and a pork pie.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Do you mean the virus doesn't live under 30*C Annie, because it lives quite happily in humans at 37*C.....
Without a host it dies when the temperature is high enough. So hot weather will reduce non airborne spread. I believe I was talking about wiping surfaces with a cloth steeped in hot water. This in my theory should be just as effective as scarce detergents.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Without a host it dies when the temperature is high enough. So hot weather will reduce non airborne spread. I believe I was talking about wiping surfaces with a cloth steeped in hot water. This in my theory should be just as effective as scarce detergents.
Or as others have said, alcohol.

If need be, I'd be happy to clean surfaces using Marge's gin. No chance of me using my single malt whisky, though.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Isnt their tongue a bit rough JBR? or is that what you like?
Donkeyman!

You might have to pay extra for that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

I just hope it doesn't return every winter, like the Flu does.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I shop every two days no shortages so far for me

Mind you my shopping is a Litre of Whisky and 3/ 17 pence fake coke containers

And 2 currys and a pork pie.

Might be worth going daily.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 01:14 AM

Hi

A lot of false information about on the Internet, including on here.

Some Basic Facts.

Alcohol Sanitisers only work when the alcohol content is a minimum of 70%.

Even then they only work if your hands are clean.

Baby Wipes do not work !00%, you have to factor in Contact Time.#

The same applies to Surface Wipes.

The Chemical Agent has to be in contact with the Virus for a minimum length of time to penetrate it and neutralise it.

There are 4 of us in the house at present, two of us travel and visit many places, two of us regularly visit Hospitals.

We take simple, basic precautions.

We have our own towels, washed separately.

We have bleach tablets, cheap as chips, used after every bath or shower.

We wash our hands and then use a Hydrogen Peroxide Solution and immerse our hands in it for 3 minutes.

I really am not fussed by this panic.

Page 100 of 505 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top