Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 12:12 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

whooppee do ! someone called? - is it Exprezzos or expresso's - without a coffee I'm directionless - and as for zidderman - he's been lost every since he left england. Many Indigenous brothers and sisters here feel they are lost even moving a few thousand K's [notice the apost.......well wot he said] in their own state - they say things like " this is not my country - the grass is too long and I feel suffocated here" - "the water is different here" - " the rocks don't give me the right directions here" and such!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 01:35 AM

I am sure if you stay up late enough you are besieged by advertising channels - I avoid them usually but occasionally they attract my attention - more for the food than the wares - but this one caught my eye:

a cooking pan set offering:

a deep deluxe pan - now I understand deep and pan but pray tell me wot is deluxe?

the said ring early and get the Pro set - does that mean I have to qualify as a professional cook?

flavor stone was another - wot on earth is a flavor stone??

and this one looked positively dangerous:

quick touch detachable handle - attached to a cooking pan and you had to detach quickly I suppose cause it was all hot! now this was a click on click off mechanism - sounds dodgy to me and fraught with faults!

and they did mention a soft storage insert ?? - is that wot the sailor said to the vicars daughter - excuse me m'am do you want the soft storage insert or would you prefer the hard handled one? bum bum!

they did throw in a recipe guide - just in case you didn't know how to cook at all - how nice!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:05 AM

SHUTTUP!

[ps-Flavorstone is a brand, not a NAKSHALL STONE. m'kay?]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-09-2018, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
SHUTTUP!

[ps-Flavorstone is a brand, not a NAKSHALL STONE. m'kay?]
Pugs is back now stop P... A..... about and get some letters on the thread! - anything will do we've been listenin to your garbage for a long time now - one of the founding fathers in fact - unfortunately we were the ones who had to find him and now we can't get rid of him!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:36 AM

Oh. Apologies for supplying information regarding your question,Toots.
Seems to have annoyed you. AGAIN.
Best I poodle off before you implode.
Alla best,Honeybee...[and thanks for the pics of you in just your pink panties]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 06:28 AM

Yes Gummie, there are a lot of "Non Stick" people around, just a question of time till they go down the Pan, wasn't there once a Teflon Tony???
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote Gumbud.

“Many Indigenous brothers and sisters here feel they are lost even moving a few thousand K's [notice the apost.......well wot he said] in their own state - they say things like " this is not my country - the grass is too long and I feel suffocated here" - "the water is different here" - " the rocks don't give me the right directions here" and such”

Take heed folks, that’s what happens to you when you leave your native land for far away climes to seek fortune or fame, you take your directions from rocks, not policemen mind you, but rocks, get lost in the long grass, you don’t like the water, and finally you suffocate.
Take me home to Mayo, as the old song goes.

Looking at Michael Caine as Sherlock Holmes in the film “Without a Clue (1988)” last night, an overlooked little gem of a film by the way, anyway Sherlock is scolding Watson about his lousy spelling when writing up his cases in “The Strand”
“Really Watson, sometimes you go too far, this recent spelling cock up is the limit, in the case of the dead lavatory attendant you have “Sherlock Holmes believes the man was bludgeoned to death by a blunt excrement”
“It’s not me Holmes, honestly, it’s the bloody proof readers”

I don’t know what kind of of a sense of humour I have but that doubled me up.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-09-2018, 01:59 PM

just finished riding the fire irons on 'extreme railway journeys' across the Congo - wot a journey - all in french - and now 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' the new version with the new James Bond fella! - see ya later alligators!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:34 PM

Why do people phone, just as a murder is happening in a film?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top