Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 08:27 PM

Re: How to clean a Steam Iron

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
Thank-you for the tip. My iron does seem to get a little crusty.
I get crusty if I HAVE to use an iron! can't remember the last time I got it out
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 08:31 PM

So do I , Honey, I bought some new curtains and had to iron them, they'd have looked a mess if I hadn't. I just don't 'do' ironing!!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 08:37 PM

I wasn't put on this earth to break into a sweat, life's for living, laundry is for folding, the only exception are the curtains then I have to build up to the idea of plugging in the dratted iron!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I wasn't put on this earth to break into a sweat, life's for living, laundry is for folding, the only exception are the curtains then I have to build up to the idea of plugging in the dratted iron!
You don't have to iron venetians, just put them out on the lawn every few years and hose them down.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

09-12-2014, 10:49 PM

don't have a lawn nor a hose, I've had those dust harbourers before and they were a pain to clean, life really is too short!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
don't have a lawn nor a hose, I've had those dust harbourers before and they were a pain to clean, life really is too short!
Eh? YOU iron curtains Venetians take a few minutes to clean.

Mind you when I worked I didn't bother cleaning them at all, just bought new ones every so often.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 01:30 PM

I have venetian blinds and curtains and I would rather iron the curtains than clean the blinds - what a pain!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 01:39 PM

I need to get out more,I even iron dusters and T-Towels
cranberry
Notts, UK

10-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I need to get out more,I even iron dusters and T-Towels
Yes, you do!! I know a lady who irons socks so you're not alone..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

10-12-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I have venetian blinds and curtains and I would rather iron the curtains than clean the blinds - what a pain!!
I don't understand it. Cleaning Venetians is the easiest job ever. Takes about a minute to take one down, a couple to carry it out to the garden, open it and lay it on the lawn. I put them on one of those blue plasticy tarpaulins. Hose it and use a soft broom brushing top to bottom, twist the other way and turn it over to get the hidden edge, repeat and hang on the line to dry. I just hang them on hooks in the car port.

The whole thing takes about 10 minutes. If you get all the blinds in the house down together, do it on a sunny day, the whole job takes less than an hour including the drying (which takes most of the time)

Wait a couple of years... repeat.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top