Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Re: Electricity Bills

I'm with M&S and pay by DD and have on-line bills. To be honest I don't know how much I save but I do know it's the cheapest way of doing things. I pay all my regular bills by DD and have never had any problems with it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I have just read my yearly statement and it looks as if I could get a saving of £89.00 a year plus £10.00 for online billing, nearly £100!! can that be right?
Yes that is right Cranberry, because you are not paying by cash.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I was with SP at my old house paid by DD, they were always putting the monthly payment up ,,till i said you are not putting it up again ,When i was in credit , i got it transferred straight back into my account no trouble , but someone there got details of who i banked with and that wS the start of a 3 year campaign by a Fraudster. Trying to get into my account ,, I had a hotline number for every time i got a personal phone call from this creep , ,after a
while , i started to piss him off by acting either Deaf or daft,, on one occasion he called me A Daft Bastard among other things , i said sorry im deaf can you speak up ,, it winded him up well and truly , then i was given a number by the creep to be sure i was talking to a genuine bank employee I passed it straight onto the fraud squad and , that wS the end of the ass hole .

so after i moved i didnt bother with DD , i never want to experience it all again .. Sooner pay cash as and when .
That's terrible Eliza.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes that is right Cranberry, because you are not paying by cash.
Think we're being ripped off here. They would set our DD payments a lot higher than they need to be, I bet.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am with OVO and pay by DD. I get paid 3% interest on any credit in my account.
http://www.ovoenergy.com/
Me too. Can't believe they give 3% on account credits.

I also take regular meter readings for all my utilities and put them into a spreadsheet - that shows me an average daily usage. If at any time I'm using more power or water than I should, it shows up fairly quickly so I can resolve problems quickly.

ANY attempts to increase my direct debit without justifiable cause, are met with swift action by me, a few well deserved sharp words and a promise to report to the ombudsman.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
They are a nightmare company and their customer services are a joke...avoid like the plague everyone.
Can't be worse than EDF, after I bought the house in Suffolk I was away for long periods, I refused to give details in an e-mail so asked them (by e-mail) to give me their postal address (As we're always being told to get this from any supplier) they replied that they are unable to give me a postal address

Won't do DD with them or any supplier, had to do a DD with BT for the phone & broadband but they only take the line rental and calls. Never build up any credit.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 09:26 PM

I with Southern Electric, when I moved into this place I wasn't given a choice I was told it was the supplier. I was with EDF which was fine especially the 20/20 meter thingy, which meant cheaper rates in the evenings. However I'm now with SE for gas too and my bills are cheaper than they've ever been. I also get the Warm Home discount which is about £140 a year, I do DD though, not sure if that saves me much.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Me too. Can't believe they give 3% on account credits.

I also take regular meter readings for all my utilities and put them into a spreadsheet - that shows me an average daily usage. If at any time I'm using more power or water than I should, it shows up fairly quickly so I can resolve problems quickly.

ANY attempts to increase my direct debit without justifiable cause, are met with swift action by me, a few well deserved sharp words and a promise to report to the ombudsman.
OVO wanted to decrease my DD but I like to build up a good surplus going into the winter so I said leave it alone I will tell you what I pay and when .
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 11:39 PM

I like the fact NPower make regular adjustments rather than yearly, I just received a credit for £104, happy bunny for sure!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think I'll have to try them Meg, I'm with Scottish Power at the moment, £740 in credit by DD and I can't get them to refund it. They are a nightmare company and their customer services are a joke...avoid like the plague everyone.
Barry, I am also with Scottish Power, and last year I was £200 in credit and I desperately needed the money, so I told them to refund MY money to me, and they did, albeit in two different stages, for some inconceivable reason. Try them again! It's YOUR money they're storing and drawing interest on, not theirs!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top