Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:47 PM

Re: Specsavers

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Decided the varifocals do not tick the box.

I need my çomputer specs, which are fairly large and nerdy, for 'doing stuff' (photo restorations etc).

So I intend changing the varifocals for bifocals.

This way I can look at TV and then read/use iPad at close range using one pair of specs and diddle around on here with my 'nerdies'
Mine went back after a month Rachel , I fell down the stairs twice wearing them, they were a nightmare ..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mine went back after a month Rachel , I fell down the stairs twice wearing them, they were a nightmare ..
Yikes ...

I can well imagine falling down but ... ouch ... stairs
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:01 AM

Yikes ...

I can well imagine falling down but ... ouch ... stairs
...Rachel I decided it was them or me in the end and I won
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 10:19 PM

I was the other way round. After a couple of years of wearing bifocals,I decided to try varifocals. I must admit,it took around 6 weeks to get the hang of moving my head,rather than my eyes...but once I did get the hang,it became 2nd-nature. I couldn't go back now-these varifocals just cope with all distances,plus just by looking through the lower part,with the computer or books,too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I was the other way round. After a couple of years of wearing bifocals,I decided to try varifocals. I must admit,it took around 6 weeks to get the hang of moving my head,rather than my eyes...but once I did get the hang,it became 2nd-nature. I couldn't go back now-these varifocals just cope with all distances,plus just by looking through the lower part,with the computer or books,too.
That would sound like the normal way to go
I thought doing it in one fell swoop would sort it all for me but I DO need to use my nice big lenses on the comp.

Appointment in a couple of days and hopefully I shall figure it all out ... watch this space
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-05-2015, 11:17 PM

That would sound like the normal way to go
I thought doing it in one fell swoop would sort it all for me but I DO need to use my nice big lenses on the comp.

Appointment in a couple of days and hopefully I shall figure it all out ... watch this space
I hope you get it sorted Rachel, it can be so frustrating I know.

I am long sighted and used to wear specs with half lenses for reading so I could look over the top to see around me .
They were very good but as my sight has deteriorated I now have spcs for reading and middle distance.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top