Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:54 PM

Re: How would you have rected.

I'll never forget the woman down the allotment saying to the group of people with whom I was chatting 'Janet voted Leave', as if it was something to be ashamed of.

I think I too couldn't think of a worthy response.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'll never forget the woman down the allotment saying to the group of people with whom I was chatting 'Janet voted Leave', as if it was something to be ashamed of.

I sometimes think that it would be so nice to remain in the EU, and then watch the remoaners suffer in years to come. They'd get no sympathy from me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:23 PM

Jazzi you are in good company. There was a prominent academic talking on the radio the other day and saying they had to keep quiet about 'voting leave' for fear of ridicule and even damaging their career prospects. They knew of other academics in a similar situation.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Jazzi you are in good company. There was a prominent academic talking on the radio the other day and saying they had to keep quiet about 'voting leave' for fear of ridicule and even damaging their career prospects. They knew of other academics in a similar situation.
Well yes, academics should know that wisdom and knowledge have their restrictions, stupidity however has no limitations.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:13 AM

I kept quiet a long time at work they have a horrified look when it's mentioned I voted out too. I just think it's obvious who hasn't been affected by the immigration and who hasn't lived outside the EU.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top