Join for free
Page 197 of 370 « First < 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:11 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Good to read everyone's workouts! I am back online after an internet outage here due to some hurricane repairs in which the utility company created a major problem while repairing a minor one .

Now that I am back up and running, I'm pleased to report I have been up and running nearly every day since the hurricane. The winds and rain smoothed and packed down most of the beach to form an excellent running surface which has given me every reason to add a mile or two each day. While I have to watch for aggravating my knees from the small lateral motions, running on the soft surface seems to have resolved my back issues. I may have to keep my road running down and stick to more cross-country surfaces. Whatever works though...right?

Back out there tomorrow...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 10:22 AM

Good to see you back Surfermom, I could have put money on the fact that your running would continue throughout the inclement weather (runners are made from sterner stuff).....
And it's quite true, only you will know what works for you when it comes down to wear and tear! But might I suggest giving up American Football, it can be so hard on the knees.....

This mornings five turned out to be one of the best runs of the year, not particularly fast, but very satisfying with a strong finish....A slight mild breeze with rain never too far away, but with energy that just kept on giving....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:35 PM

Ye, good to see you back here, Suzie, out running once more after the weather-battering. I see the Carolina's are in for some mighty bashing soon.

A very good and positive Bob today too - sounds like a really good run there mate. It's all about enjoyment as well

- - - - - - - - -

The beginning of my three-week holiday prep training started today. Fitness not power is the name of the game for my hol’s and keeping the belly tucked in. Nothing too strenuous for this early week session though. More reps-based than thrashing the heavy weights.

Tuesday 11/9/18: Full body; Light.
(All weights in kgs)

DB bench press:
6x32’s, 10x26’s, 10x26’s, 10x26’s
*Still got some niggle going on in my elbows, and right shoulder now as well. Hence the weight drop after the first set.

Shoulder press:
10x50, 8x60, 8x70
25x30

Chest press:
10x90, 10x90, 10x90
25x40

Pec dec:
10x60, 10x60, 10x60
25x40

*On the chest press and pec dec exercises I altered the seat height for each set working the different areas of the chest.

Seated ham curls:
15x40, 15x50, 12x60, 6x70
100x30
*Damn! A hundred high reps made the back of my quads burn like an inferno! Love that feeling!

Sled leg press:
50x120, 50x100, 50x90

Adductor:
25x60

Abductor:
25x60

Ab crunch:
50x35, 30x30

Tricep extensions:
50x30, 50x30
*Bursting out the backs of my arms big-style on these fast reps!

1 hour.

Next week’s respective session will see these same exercises but with minor adjustments. Looking at more sets with lighter weights, leaving the heavier work for weekend training.

On Thursday (or very possibly tomorrow instead), a slightly harder session with different exercises to those above.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:08 AM

Well, shoot. I had responded to you individually and then wrote a flower, elaborative description of my five mile beach run yesterday, but mercifully you all have been spared!

I must have walked away without putting the final "post" button. Darn.

A late appointment meant that I could only run a 5K, but I was also able to surf today, though the jellyfish have been hideous. I earned my pasta.

Good grief it's hot - 90 F, but it's gorgeous. The water is finally settling back into it's pretty emerald color after being churned up from the last storm. I counted 9 blue herons in a few short miles.

Floydy, you'll be fit as a fiddle for your well-earned break, and when OGF runs like that, I feel like all is right with the world

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 10:42 AM

90*F blimey Surfermom that's just over 32*C and about as hot as it got here during the heatwave, and those days are certainly gone now .......just a thought though...How come you talk about Fahrenheit but then describe your distance in Kilometres...? Or is America like the UK and still in a transitional period that's lasted for fifty years?

Thanks Floydy, but I may have spoke too soon, because today's run was a super time (second best of the season) but I only achieved it because I was struggling and thought I was running too slow.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 02:45 PM

Suzie - That is a beautiful part of the world you reside in. What a joy it must be to wake up every morning to that view.

Bob - A second best run is nothing to be sniffed at mate. I remember not so long back you could barely move. Well done!

My second session didn't take place as planned this week so instead of venturing onto the naughty step, I must now therefore combine that workout into tomorrow's already-torturous effort. Should be immense fun
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Suzie - That is a beautiful part of the world you reside in. What a joy it must be to wake up every morning to that view.

Bob - A second best run is nothing to be sniffed at mate. I remember not so long back you could barely move. Well done!

My second session didn't take place as planned this week so instead of venturing onto the naughty step, I must now therefore combine that workout into tomorrow's already-torturous effort. Should be immense fun
Thanks Floydy, you're right, but I guess I've always been a hard taskmaster on myself.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-09-2018, 04:59 AM

Floydy, as nice as the view is some mornings, that section of Mother Nature takes great pleasure in reminding me how old I am every day of the week.

OGF, you are running as my teen neighbors would say, "wicked good." I am pretty sure it's a compliment. You've come a long way in the last six months. Proud of you!

I would tell you all of my tales of feeble running attempts except that the charitable organization I run known as "My Young Adult Children" was in full swing today. I sometimes wonder whether or not they will be standing over my long-worn grave someday and still be asking for a ride...or where their shoes are...or whether or not I might make them a sandwich

Tomorrow is another day and think I will let the sand wear me out instead of the kids. The beach is at least - quieter.

Go, go, go...life is short, short short.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-09-2018, 01:47 AM

Hi, just a quick check in to keep myself honest. We had another fiery hot day today...90F or 32.222222222 C for Mr. OGF , which left me pulling out the computers, clocks, and calculators to come up with the absolutely latest possible time that I could run and still get home before dark. It seems that I was overly positive about my pace because I still passed the finish line after dark. Not good. The time that is, not the run. I managed a decent five and though I could still shave off a couple of pounds, I have been muscle sore this week, a good indication that I am doing something right. If only there wasn't ice cream in the freezer....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-09-2018, 10:58 AM

It's hard to believe that while I had to break out the thin fleecy top last week, Surfermom is running in 32.2222222*C ....

However, I left it on the hangar this morning, as a quick nosey outside told me that just a tee shirt would be quite acceptable. And it was! I've had to make some hard decisions just lately, shall I be satisfied to max out at five mile runs and maybe drop in the odd extra session. Or still go long occasionally.....It's been taking me longer to recover and I'm good for nowt' for the rest of the day...

So I decided that unless I felt good while out on this mornings six miler, I wouldn't take the eight mile fork in the road....I didn't feel all that good, but I did the eight miler anyway......Old habits.....

Surfermom! You must curb your passion for Ice cream like I have done....

Oooops.......

Page 197 of 370 « First < 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top