Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:44 AM

UK Must Have an All Brexit Cabinet!

After observing how a Government Cabinet, packed with Remainers, have responded to the promises made, can we allow anything but a fully Brexit orientated Cabinet to take us out of this mess?

Surely we will now wake up to the idea that those who want us to leave should be the ones in charge of every aspect of getting there?

May must go.

The replacement must have this clear out.

Then we might still have a chance.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Re: UK Must Have an All Brexit Cabinet!

I'm not so sure what I'd like to see is a cross party group who only have brexit to deal with and no other responsibilities. I'd like to see Nigel Farage in the mix somehow too as he has more experience with these people than many others.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not so sure what I'd like to see is a cross party group who only have brexit to deal with and no other responsibilities. I'd like to see Nigel Farage in the mix somehow too as he has more experience with these people than many others.
I agree, up to a point, but I can't see how having a Remainer Chancellor, A Remainer Brexit negotiator, and various other remainers in the high power positions, will get anywhere near getting the deal the Brexiteers thought was right and proper after the biggest voting session in history.

The remainers will give way every time their own needs are challenged.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:00 AM

I can see what you mean but whatever we do IMO must be cross party effort, we have excellent people in all the main parties who could do this and we need to take the party politics out of it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:58 PM

Agreed Julie...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

16-11-2018, 02:03 PM

I can see what you mean but whatever we do IMO must be cross party effort, we have excellent people in all the main parties who could do this and we need to take the party politics out of it.
What worries me, about "cross party", is the danger of dropping into an "It was my idea & they turned it down" or, leaking every aspect of the poker game that negotiations are.

If there is any mileage, at a party level, to be gained from publicity, I fear all parties will latch onto it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 02:55 PM

Hi

At the start of this the Cabinet Members responsible for Brexit were Leavers.

They have left.

Nobody wants the poisoned chalice.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

16-11-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

At the start of this the Cabinet Members responsible for Brexit were Leavers.

They have left.

Nobody wants the poisoned chalice.
If they have left because TM hasn't supported them seriously, who could blame them, but that could change.

She appears to have been making agreements behind their backs!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-11-2018, 03:48 PM

It seems to me they left because they weren't supported and TM preferred to work with the civil servants who were like her pro EU. Obviously just assumption and guesses as no one has broken ranks and said so. But to me it looks like something odd happened.

When she says this agreement is only one she can get through EU it makes me think no one has tried very hard because initially we weren't in this weakened position she has put us in now.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

16-11-2018, 04:02 PM

It seems to me they left because they weren't supported and TM preferred to work with the civil servants who were like her pro EU. Obviously just assumption and guesses as no one has broken ranks and said so. But to me it looks like something odd happened.

When she says this agreement is only one she can get through EU it makes me think no one has tried very hard because initially we weren't in this weakened position she has put us in now.
Yes, I'm sure that Raab said so in his resignation letter.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top