Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:08 AM

Re: So this is where I stand

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Over the past 48 hours, when I think of Brexit, I keep thinking at the same time, of that old music hall song - "the okey, cokey" - I wonder why???
UJ I have asked you many times (as someone voted leave but now likes to pretend they didn't ) exactly what proposals you would have made to leave the EU .

No reply has been forthcoming so I can only conclude yet again we have a situation of 'all mouth and no trousers'.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Brexit is dead.

It only ever existed in the demented and tormented minds of the right wing of both parliament and the country.

Nothing they ever said has come about (some would say, with justification neither did those proposed by remainers).

There is, and never was a better deal than the one we are in now. NO ONE has put forward a rational argument for leaving the EU other than hairy fairy comments like taking back control (no definition) etc etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
UJ I have asked you many times (as someone voted leave but now likes to pretend they didn't ) exactly what proposals you would have made to leave the EU .

No reply has been forthcoming so I can only conclude yet again we have a situation of 'all mouth and no trousers'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Brexit is dead.

It only ever existed in the demented and tormented minds of the right wing of both parliament and the country.

Nothing they ever said has come about (some would say, with justification neither did those proposed by remainers).

There is, and never was a better deal than the one we are in now. NO ONE has put forward a rational argument for leaving the EU other than hairy fairy comments like taking back control (no definition) etc etc.
Right wing, don't you dare accuse me of being right wing ! I might have to have a lie down, right wing ? I've never been so insulted and quite a few have tried to insult me I can tell you.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Where I stand is I'd rather stay in than this mess. I'd rather have no deal than stay in.

Obviously a lady of decision.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:29 AM

Brexit is dead.

Just keep telling yourself that I don't think many on here are listening to you .

I have decided it is pointless replying to bitter remain supporters who can't accept the majority who voted in the referendum voted leave .....
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Just keep telling yourself that I don't think many on here are listening to you .

I have decided it is pointless replying to bitter remain supporters who can't accept the majority who voted in the referendum voted leave .....
Meg, I'm going to ask Mrs May, to make you the new Brexit Secretary!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Brexit is dead.

Would you prefer this brexit-deal, and during the transition period apply on article 49? At that moment you are still fully compliant with eu guidelines so you could be member again even before the end of transition. I doubt the eu would be insisting on schengen and monetary union.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

16-11-2018, 03:05 PM

JB if this deal doesn't go through you can 'look forward' to our staying in the EU anyway by default because 'no deal' isn't acceptable to a majority including businesses many of whom breathed a sigh of relief when May's proposal was tabled.

Time is running out and even if article 50 was extended the EU are in no mood for more negotiation when they have already offered to discuss a tariff-free bespoke trade deal during the coming negotiations which will be more beneficial to us than Canada + or Norway . Don't forget the EU elections are due next year and our leaving will not be the main priority in the EU.

And for those who think we can just stop the clock and return to the EU membership we had before the referendum that may not be possible either because we will almost certainly be weakened in the eyes of the EU and could even lose of the 'privileges' we previously enjoyed like the £4 billion rebate.

Sometimes it is better to accept half a cake than no cake at all.
For those who now think remaining looks like the best option and to add to my earlier post, I have heard it suggested that if the other 27 member states vote to allow us to revoke article 50 and to remain there will be a cost to pay after all the expensive preparations we have caused and a condition of our remaining could not only be the loss of our rebait but having to enter into the SCHENGEN agreement and embrace the EURO.

I will take the agreement thanks with a transition period to allow our buisiness to prepare and for us to negotiate a bespoke trade deal.

In a couple of years time at the end of transition period when the dust has settled and the EU won't have to worry about being seen to be losing a member because they will have made their point about it not being easy to leave I think for the most part things should be going ok for the UK that is if too many awkward people don't spoil things.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
for those who now think remaining looks like the best option and to add to my earlier post, i have heard it suggested that if the other 27 member states vote to allow us to revoke article 50 and to remain there will be a cost to pay after all the expensive preparations we have caused and a condition of our remaining could not only be the loss of our rebait but having to enter into the schengen agreement and embrace the euro.

I will take the agreement thanks with a transition period to allow our buisiness to prepare and for us to negotiate a bespoke trade deal.

In a couple of years time at the end of transition period when the dust has settled and the eu won't have to worry about being seen to be losing a member because they will have made their point about it not being easy to leave i think for the most part things should be going ok for the uk that is if too many awkward people don't spoil things.

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top