Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 04:29 AM

Ryanair

I'm guessing that somewhere in the Over 50's archives this discussion has already taken place. Thinking about flying Ryan down to Charleroi and wondering if all the criticism of the past is still valid today. I've never actually flown with them, you see, and I'd like to know what I can expect. I mean, should I camp out at Copenhagen airport the night before my flight to avoid being left stranded by over-booking?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 06:41 AM

Re: Ryanair

I've only flown with them once many years ago and I vowed 'never again' but I believe they've become a bit more customer friendly in recent times.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 07:13 AM

I flew with them once ..
The flight was fine and these days alll airlines charge for food so no difference there but being herded around like cattle before getting on the flight , having no allotted seat number etc that I didnt like and their customer service has got to be the worst anywhere, so rude..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 08:21 AM

I think they still have outside loos - so beware !
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 08:22 AM

So it was mostly rudeness that put the both of you off? I've heard stories of 24 hour delays without providing lodging ….. and 3 hours (or more) grounded, compelled to remain inside the aeroplane with neither food nor water. The flight from here to Charleroi is only about 1½ hour (I think) and I don't really relish the idea of that sort of treatment. Rudeness I can take, if one is allowed to give some back in return? It might be an excellent opportunity to practice some of the English insults I've learnt through the various internet discussion forums!
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

28-11-2015, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think they still have outside loos - so beware !
I've had to squat in some of the stinkiest, filthiest dunnys of Africa and Asia. A well-ventilated pooper might be an improvement over those.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 08:39 AM

Hi

I flew with them for the first time ever a month ago.

The seats were worse than those in a military transport,very cramped.

Customer service was absolutely zero, delayed due to fog on the return journey, bussed from one airport to another with absolutely no information provided, many people had to sit on the floor for hours, no food or drink as soon as the vending machines had run out.

However, they were very cheap.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 08:59 AM

Ryanair are okay for short flights, if you have no other choice. I find Easy Jet just as cheap, sometimes cheaper, these days but I´m not sure they operate from Sweden, most of the Swedish, Finnish and Norwegians here tend to use Norwegian flights.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

28-11-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I flew with them for the first time ever a month ago.

The seats were worse than those in a military transport,very cramped.

Customer service was absolutely zero, delayed due to fog on the return journey, bussed from one airport to another with absolutely no information provided, many people had to sit on the floor for hours, no food or drink as soon as the vending machines had run out.
Oh God!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
However, they were very cheap.
This is it. I can put up with almost anything for an hour or two, but more than that .... I'm not so sure. Problem is that I have difficulties keeping my mouth shut once my feathers are ruffled. Standing like Jesus with my arms stretched out, in my socks (and leaving sweaty footprints on the floor) the fellow conducting my cursory search at "in transit" Heathrow didn't appreciate the smirk on my face. He blurted out, "Think this funny do you!" ..... so I exploded and let him have it with both barrels. What sort of expression was I meant to have on my face in that embarrassing situation? Was I suppose to express fear, guilt, benevolence?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

28-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Ryanair are okay for short flights ...
Lie to me if you must but this is the reply I was praying for.

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
... I find Easy Jet just as cheap, sometimes cheaper, these days but I´m not sure they operate from Sweden, most of the Swedish, Finnish and Norwegians here tend to use Norwegian flights.
Well, I live in Malmö and I don't see any cheepies to my destination (eastern Belgium) from here. But Copenhagen is just across the bridge so Ryanair fits the bill. I'm trying to get the the Noelander's Trophy bonsai do in Genk. Ryanair to Charerloi looks like the best choice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top