Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Re: Aeroplane BAGGAGE

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Lot of sense in that. Problem is that you can't be sure of the quality unless your hands on it, and it's expensive to post. These are special tools for bonsai, not readily available and not very many who post their products abroad. The reason I'm going is the "bonsai do" in Genk. Everyone ..... and everything will be there.
Can you handle them while there, decide what you want and order online when you get back?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Airlines used to have a security packet for small potentially dangerous items to go through ( ie children's toy guns)
Yes! That what I wanted to ask her on the telephone but I didn't know what it was called. "Security packet" is it?

but times have changed and Ryanair will charge you for talking a deep breathe.
You mean the service is still available for a price?

Buy them when you are there.
That's what I'll be doing. And that is the problem.

Once I arrive at the airport in Belgium I'll have to find Ryanair customer service (if there is one) and ask point blank what to do on the return flight.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Can you handle them while there, decide what you want and order online when you get back?
If they do ship abroad, yes. But then I'm not certain their shipping costs are any less than doing it myself ... me posting the goods from there I mean.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:01 PM

If I may suggest you go to the" bonsai do" in Genk. Like most shows I would think the people selling products would only be to happy to post them to you if bought at the show.
That way yes you will have to pay for post and package but avoid you worrying about taking them on a plane.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

07-01-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If I may suggest you go to the" bonsai do" in Genk. Like most shows I would think the people selling products would only be to happy to post them to you if bought at the show.
That way yes you will have to pay for post and package but avoid you worrying about taking them on a plane.
Yes, that is worth considering.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
The last twice we flew abroad we were stopped at security just because of Sheila's make-up mirror which is quite a solid, metallic object. They let us pass through once they'd checked it out but it shows how thorough they are nowadays.
I was stopped and my case searched for the same reason, think they thought it was a landmine or something !!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 03:51 AM

The problem with modern security measures is that they prevent you taking your own bomb on board a plane.

This has to be safest way to travel because the chance of there being two bombs on a plane is astronomical.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-01-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The problem with modern security measures is that they prevent you taking your own bomb on board a plane.

This has to be safest way to travel because the chance of there being two bombs on a plane is astronomical.
Bind me legs to the goose, Bruce.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

25-01-2016, 05:13 AM

For those who might be interested, I've just returned from Belgium. I was feeling invincible and risked taking both a stout tool implement and one 100 ml. plastic bottle of bonsai chemical. The rule states that nothing more than 100 ml. is allowed as hand baggage and the metal tool ….. well. I was sweating a bit at the airport in Charleroi but I needn't have bothered. They didn't even ask.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top