Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 01:20 PM

Re: No Appointments

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's an idea Galty, I might enquire from the optician whether they would perhaps write a letter explaining how they find my tests are so different in such a short time. Thank you.
Well Mups im just wondering if you got your appointment and treatment reqd.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Just read all through, poor Mupsy.
When I had an eye problem, I just marched myself off to the eye department, spoke to the bookings lady and waited to be seen. But I do know a lot of staff at my hospital.
It seems that we are in a terrible muddle with NHS!!!!
This is true everywhere!!!!! Sorry, but it makes me mad!!!!!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Mups - at least you got an appointment with your GP. My wife was told yesterday that she couldn't get an appointment with her GP until mid-November. This is someone with a serious heart problem, severe osteo-arthritis and developing rheumatoid arthritis, several damaged vertebrae causing constant pain, bursitis and failing eyesight due to cataracts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 08:22 PM

I'm sure Mups sorted her eyesight in the last year and a half! The future is likely to be diagnosis via a phone app.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Mups - at least you got an appointment with your GP. My wife was told yesterday that she couldn't get an appointment with her GP until mid-November. This is someone with a serious heart problem, severe osteo-arthritis and developing rheumatoid arthritis, several damaged vertebrae causing constant pain, bursitis and failing eyesight due to cataracts.

Ah, but this original post was 21 months ago Mick

Like your poor wife, we can hardly ever get appointments nowadays either.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Well Mups im just wondering if you got your appointment and treatment reqd.

Thank you for asking Nom, but it was nearly two years ago now when I had the problem, so I am trying to think back.

Yes, I eventually got the hospital appointment ages later.
Nice chap at the hospital he was. He checked my eyes thoroughly, checked my previous optical prescription I took with me and his verdict was the blasted opticians had made up my glasses with too strong lenses!
These had been made at a well-known 'chain store' optician.
He did say I had the start of a cataract in one eye only, but it was very minimal.

After that I decided to find a different opticians, and you'll never believe this . . . . the same thing happened again!!
They flogged me glasses I couldn't focus in properly.
I went back and complained and in all fairness, they changed the lense, which begged thequestion why would they change it if they were sure they had been right?
The second one wasn't much clearer.

I am my wits end with these high street opticians.
Glasses are not cheap and being as I can't get on with bi-foculs, I have to have separate pairs made for reading, driving, and my prescription sun glasses.

I now go to a small shop, non chain-store type, and finally got fixed up properly. However, the old chap who owned it has just retired and two ladies have taken over.

I have an appointment for a check up next week actually, so will see what the new people are like, hope they are as thorough as the previous man.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Good luck Mupsy. Let us know how it goes.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top