Join for free
Page 11 of 56 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:44 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh Mags . . . . ssshhh!

What did I tell ya Mags . . . ?

I may be wrong, but I understood originally that this thread was Mags just saying she had booked her flue jab.

I don't recall her asking for a debate or advice on her decision?
In fact she deliberately stated at one point that her thread was for people who WANTED their flu jabs this year.

So where did it go wrong?

It seems very wrong to me that some people could be reluctant to post their decisions for this winter here, for fear of being jumped on, and lectured to like a 5 year old for the rest of the entire thread.

Do some people they think we are mentally deficient and unable to make decisions for ourselves?

Why can't people just have their say and leave it at that for God's sake?
I can't for the life of me understand why they can't step off their ruddy great soapboxes and let people make their own decisions.

Is it an obsessive 'control' problem?
Perhaps the good old word 'Gainsayer' is appropriate even?

I can't be the only person who makes her own decisions, and if I can't, I will ask for help.

The one thing I don't need - and wouldn't tolerate - is someone lecturing me - on . . . and on . . . . and on . . . . and on . . . . and on . . . and on . . . . and if it were my husband, I would have to smother him in his sleep!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
the fact is that since the vaccine has been widely available flu deaths worldwide have fallen despite massive rises in population and proximate living.
The CDC would disagree with your "theory"

Hospitalisations from flu very much on the rise year on year.

I wonder where all that flu comes from?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep that's what we call anecdotal evidence.

The facts show that the vaccine isn't doing anything but people take one or a few isolated cases and start drawing emotional conclusions. My cousin's friend's granddad always has the vaccine and never gets the flu etc etc.

All a total nonsense.

The vaccine has been tested with 1000s of studies. The results are there for all to see. Doctors, worldwide are starting to take a stand against what is becoming an increasingly fraudulent vaccine industry

The facts speak for themselves. Since the vaccine came into widespread use only a tiny proportion of people fall sick and die from it compared with before the vaccine. The Spanish flu is estimated to have killed 20 to 50 million people. Some estimates put it at 100m. Since the vaccine deaths have been going down to become a tiny number now. Efficacy is quite clearly demonstrated in the statistics.

The fact is that most of these studies you quote don't measure the way that the vaccine works and how one lot of vaccines grants some immunity to future strains. People might contract it but then have a mild version. It may not seem mild but the body is far more prepared.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:56 PM

The CDC would disagree with your "theory"

Hospitalisations from flu very much on the rise year on year.

Funnily enough it's the CDC who are urging people to have the flu vaccine.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:56 PM

I may be wrong, but I understood originally that this thread was Mags just saying she had booked her flue jab.

Starting a thread to say you've booked a flu jab is ridiculous. Mags was asked to explain why she created the thread and specifically what she expected people to use the thread for, what to discuss given she had herself called it a "general new thread"

Unfortunately she did not provide a response to those questions.

The thread has developed naturally as the flu vaccine is being discussed.

Let's be honest. What some want on here is censorship. They want to broadcast their support for the flu vaccine without any opposing views. That's the kind of thing Hitler wanted.

Do some people they think we are mentally deficient and unable to make decisions for ourselves?
Truth is many just don't have the facts to be able to make an INFORMED decision. So it's good for all to have the facts posted and debated.

The one thing I don't need - and wouldn't tolerate - is someone lecturing me - on . . . and on . . . . and on . . . . and on . . . . and on . . . and on . . . . and if it were my husband, I would have to smother them in their sleep!
No-one is lecturing you. For my part I am simply providing factual data supported by source references. You will note that no-one else provides any source references for their theories and statements.

You are free to read or ignore any content posted.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

11-09-2018, 12:00 AM

People not having the flu jab because they believe all the ruddy conspiracy theories and think slicing an onion in half and putting it in a bandage around their head will protect against infection!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 12:11 AM

People not having the flu jab because they believe all the ruddy conspiracy theories and think slicing an onion in half and putting it in a bandage around their head will protect against infection!

Course, there is always the sauerkraut or grapefruit to try if the onion fails Annie.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

11-09-2018, 12:25 AM

Course, there is always the sauerkraut or grapefruit to try if the onion fails Annie.
I am sure a spoonful of sauerkraut in the sock overnight will frighten off any virus!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-09-2018, 12:26 AM

I am sure a spoonful of sauerkraut in the sock overnight will frighten off any virus!

Foolproof.

Goodnight Annie. Sleep well. x
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:11 AM

Haha Ladies.
Sauerkraut in the socks

Page 11 of 56 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top