Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 08:43 AM

9/11

17 years passed already.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:00 AM

Re: 9/11

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
17 years passed already.
Wow! Really? I can't believe that. That is still probably the worst day I can remember in my life. I thought the world as we knew it had ended that day and I suppose to some extent that is true.

My condolences to the people of New York on this sad anniversary.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2777.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7235  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:04 AM

9/11 still brings a shudder to me. It was early afternoon here when it happened and I was getting ready to go to work.

At the time I was working in a girl's boarding school and one of the girls in 'our house' an American girl had a Mother who was working in the WTC when it fell. Luckily she was on a lower floor. It was some time before we could ascertain that the Mother was safe and we had many hours of painful uncertainty waiting for news.
My next door neighbours son lives and works in NY near the WTC, he saw it come down and said it was like watching a disaster movie. He went with a work colleague to give blood but was turned down because he was from the UK and it was though there was a possibility of his blood being contaminated with 'mad cow disease' .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
9/11 still brings a shudder to me. It was early afternoon here when it happened and I was getting ready to go to work.

At the time I was working in a girl's boarding school and one of the girls in 'our house' an American girl had a Mother who was working in the WTC when it fell. Luckily she was on a lower floor. It was some time before we could ascertain that the Mother was safe and we had many hours of painful uncertainty waiting for news.
My next door neighbours son lives and works in NY near the WTC, he saw it come down and said it was like watching a disaster movie. He went with a work colleague to give blood but was turned down because he was from the UK and it was though there was a possibility of his blood being contaminated with 'mad cow disease' .
Oh dear.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:11 AM

9/11 Remembered

Ground Zero, a constant reminder of that infamous day,
Lives shattered, broken hearts remain unmended
In an instant a young country grew old.
The nation’s spark died and has yet to be rekindled.
Time, the great healer, will gradually lessen the hurt,
Some will find the grace and fortitude to forgive,
9/11 will long be remembered as a day of perfidy.

RJG
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:14 AM

Hi

I remember it well.

I was here in the UK, in my car, when the bleeper went off, got to the office to find out what had happened, our Govt had set the systems in place for an imminent attack here in the UK.

A day I will never forget.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:24 AM

Wandered into the rest room for a break and saw what I thought was a film on TV.

No words of mine could ever do justice to the bravery of all those involved
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:33 AM

I was out to lunch with a pal on the way home I put on the car radio I turned it off because I honestly thought it was a war of the worlds type play and kept channel hopping to find music. When I got home a neighbour came out saying how terrible it was she came into my house and we watched together...I was so shocked.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:49 AM

I was at work in Elstree and someone said that his wife had phoned to say a plane had hit the World Trade Center but we could not get any info off the internet, so I did not find out full details until I got home.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:51 AM

I was working at Manchester Airport when the news came through & many of the staff were concerned in case it could happen to their friends, who were cabin crew.
At that time none of us knew what had caused it, but when I learned that people were throwing themselves out of windows I thought " What a tragic accident". It was only later that I learned it was deliberate and I am horrified to think that such things happen so regularly in Europe now.
Everyone who lost their life that day was murdered by terrorist.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top