Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:04 PM

Re: Price of a wall?

Originally Posted by summer ->

Did you get your quote Carol ?

I posted the job on 'My Builder' but so far only one has replied - he's coming on Friday.

Another chap did contact me- he said the materials would be 750 then there was the labour and extra for the footings etc... I rejected him as he was obviously trying it on.

Thank goodness Barry & the other men on here advised me on what was a fair price.

I'm thinking now I might have a fence!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:11 PM

I got a bit mixed up in the thread above.
This is a C&P from the man I rejected.

Hi Carol, by the rough calculation you have supplied the labour cost for brickwork alone will be 450, if the footings are not in or meeting regs and need to be dug and poured it will cost 750 excluding materials. To work out cost with materials could you please send photos as well as a picture of the face work to get a correct match.
Many thanks Dan
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I got a bit mixed up in the thread above.
This is a C&P from the man I rejected.

Hi Carol, by the rough calculation you have supplied the labour cost for brickwork alone will be 450, if the footings are not in or meeting regs and need to be dug and poured it will cost 750 excluding materials. To work out cost with materials could you please send photos as well as a picture of the face work to get a correct match.
Many thanks Dan
He's taking the mick alright Carol, even a slow bricklayer can lay 300 bricks in half a day, so not a bad labour rate...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Have a Picket Fence Carol... I love Picket fences and they're not expensive.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

03-10-2018, 01:49 PM

The latest on this.

2 men have been and neither have got back to me. I don't think they want the job.

No rush - I may advertise again only this time for a fencer. A fence will be a lot cheaper!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top