Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Damson wine's or any kind.

Anyone know of a good wine to buy some one with diabetes preferably a red one even better a Damson one if you know of one.

Its a dear old friends birthday this coming Friday and I thought I would buy him a Damson wine but when I went searching I was quite taken back as to just how much sugar goes into this stuff.

I guess I now know why he as diabetes the park in which we walk is littered with Damson tree's and we have collected them for years and he as made wine from them. But because he is ageing now and not up to making it anymore I just thought it would be nice to buy some for him.

I am not a wine man myself so I am at a bit of a loss when it comes to looking for good wines.

Anybody your help would be appreciated thanks.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Re: Damson wine's or any kind.

Dodgey idea drinking wine with diabetes. Needs careful monitoring.

https://www.endocrineweb.com/news/di...eople-diabetes
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: Damson wine's or any kind.

My intentions are not to kill him but to let him enjoy the rest of his life. I did read up and there was an article saying that a small glass of red wine was good for the heart for those with diabetes.
I am really on the lookout for a wine that is sugar free and was hoping that some one on here may know of it. But never mind the response was expected but I thought I would give it a try anyways.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top