Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: Saucepans

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thanks for all the advice, got a set of 3 Judge for £32 and good reviews too.
Nice one swims.
You spurred me on...
I looked at that site and replaced my grotty old steamer for twenty quid. Brilliant!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I have to say that after previously researching the hell out of saucepans and trying various premium brands I have most recently gone for the IKEA pans which have turned out to be fantastic.

I've previously had copper bottomed pans, which eventually failed with the copper separating from the pan.

I've had a number of annodised (grey) pans as I love their look, but EVERY single one went bad after dishwasher use. The grey annodised layer just wears off leaving white beneath.

I've had GREEN PAN sets (which are used on Bake Off) and which have a special non stick coating which is not Teflon but as they were also annodised they went the same way as all other annodised pans, scratched to hell and all white showing through.

The IKEA pans are brilliant. Really solid chunky stainless steel and surprisingly nothing sticks. That had been my primary worry but no, nothing sticks. Porridge, scrambled eggs etc all come off with a little soak in hot water.

The pans are about £25 a piece but really excellent stuff.

I particularly like the casserole style pans with 2 handles. Very handy for doing lots of veg. 2 of those and 2 conventional pans with single handles does us just fine.

IKEA SENSUELL

Cheers Real, I think I'll pop up to Ikea and get some pans, I'm sick of buying pans and everything sticks even when they are supposed to be non stick!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Judge

I agree.

I have these and will some 'Bar Keepers friend' cream cleaner from Lakeland, they come up like new every time.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:34 AM

I don't know what an induction hob is!!

My own saucepans that I use on my gas hob, are stainless steel & over 20 years old. Still as good as new.

I go for stainless steel in all my cookwear - including my kettle..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't know what an induction hob is!!

My own saucepans that I use on my gas hob, are stainless steel & over 20 years old. Still as good as new.

I go for stainless steel in all my cookwear - including my kettle..
Induction hobs are very different to all the other hobs on the market, as they directly heat the pan and not the hob ring. When you turn on an induction hob, a magnetic field underneath the surface is activated. When you place a pan on the hob, the circuit is completed and the base of the pan gets heated.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree.

I have these and will some 'Bar Keepers friend' cream cleaner from Lakeland, they come up like new every time.
Oooooo Mupsy, would that polish up my kitchen pendant chrome light I wonder?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 10:50 AM

I always wash up saucepans, it never occurs to me to put them in the dishwasher!
Since I divorced my dish washer I wash mine personally and they are far cleaner too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:04 AM

Oooooo Mupsy, would that polish up my kitchen pendant chrome light I wonder?

It's not a polish exactly Ruthio, it is a cream cleaner a bit like Jiff, but does a lovely job and doesn't scratch.

Here it is:

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/24252/Bar...er-Cream-350ml

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top