Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:19 PM

Re: NHS Dental charges

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey! You would think as practice manager she would have an opinion.
What was even more bizarre was that the dentist actually walked past me as we were talking. It's as if they need an appointment to even speak to the dentist!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What was even more bizarre was that the dentist actually walked past me as we were talking. It's as if they need an appointment to even speak to the dentist!
You get that with rich people.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:47 PM

Well I've just a call from the Practice Manager who was extremely apologetic. But the call took a strange turn, nothing like I expected as an outcome.

She said that the dentist has been worrying so much about me being upset about her work that she thinks it may be a good idea to find another one. I was told that I would need to pay the charge as was stated last week, but she wasn't happy about treating me as a patient anymore as she was now concerned that her work isn't up to scratch, and if I left they would waive the charge.
Apparently she has been under some considerable stress about this.

I replied by saying that I was very happy with her as a dentist and that I've always been satisfied and very pleased with my treatment in the past. This crown becoming loose, I said, was just one of those things and I likened it to building work on a house or a car going in for repair and having to return it for slight adjustment. That's all.
I told the manager to please reassure the dentist that all is well and that I don't want to see anyone else and to please put her mind at rest about this.
She then replied that the dentist would be very happy about my response and that the charge hasn't actually gone through and if she understood that I was now feeling as embarrassed and upset as she was, that I wouldn't have to pay anything if all was amicable.

I didn't know where to put myself then. I said I would pay the charge anyway just to keep things pleasant between us, no problem. It's not the money so much, it's the principle, but I think things will be fine now.

I feel like going round there and giving my dentist a bunch of flowers at the moment!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:57 PM

Can't spoil my looks can I?
You couldn't do that if you tried Floyd....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 04:07 PM

Well I've just a call from the Practice Manager who was extremely apologetic. But the call took a strange turn, nothing like I expected as an outcome.

She said that the dentist has been worrying so much about me being upset about her work that she thinks it may be a good idea to find another one. I was told that I would need to pay the charge as was stated last week, but she wasn't happy about treating me as a patient anymore as she was now concerned that her work isn't up to scratch, and if I left they would waive the charge.

I replied by saying that I was very happy with her as a dentist and that I've always been satisfied and very pleased with my treatment in the past. This crown becoming loose, I said, was just one of those things and I likened it to building work on a house or a car going in for repair and having to return it for slight adjustment. That's all.
I told the manager to please reassure the dentist that all is well and that I don't want to see anyone else and to please put her mind at rest about this.
She then replied that the dentist would be very happy about my response and that the charge hasn't actually gone through and if she understood that I was now feeling as embarrassed and upset as she was, that I wouldn't have to pay anything if all was amicable.

I didn't know where to put myself then. I said I would pay the charge anyway just to keep things pleasant between us, no problem. It's not the money so much, it's the principle, but I think things will be fine now.

I feel like going round there and giving my dentist a bunch of flowers at the moment!
How odd! Things go wrong whatever your profession, that's life. What's important is putting things right. Unfortunately you sound a bit like me Floydy, a big softy especially when it comes to an upset female. I would probably do the same with regards the flowers, no chocolates though, she wouldn't thank you for that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

22-10-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
You couldn't do that if you tried Floyd....
Aw that's so sweet
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

22-10-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How odd! Things go wrong whatever your profession, that's life. What's important is putting things right. Unfortunately you sound a bit like me Floydy, a big softy especially when it comes to an upset female. I would probably do the same with regards the flowers, no chocolates though, she wouldn't thank you for that.
Ha. Definitely no chocolates or flowers. That 's a little over the top and Mrs. Floyd might think there's something going on
Thing is, now I'm wondering what's going to happen as everything is sort of paused mid-frame. We get strange days sometimes, don't we mate?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Ha. Definitely no chocolates or flowers. That 's a little over the top and Mrs. Floyd might think there's something going on
Thing is, now I'm wondering what's going to happen as everything is sort of paused mid-frame. We get strange days sometimes, don't we mate?

Yes we do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 07:14 PM

That's a really dirty trick by a dentist who wants to get shot of you Floydy. They know full well how difficult it is to find a new NHS dentist. Shame on them! Look at how well the psychological tactic worked.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 07:15 PM

You could ask them for a copy of their payment policy so that you don't end up in this situation again.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top