Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 07:40 PM

Re: NHS Dental charges

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's a really dirty trick by a dentist who wants to get shot of you Floydy. They know full well how difficult it is to find a new NHS dentist. Shame on them! Look at how well the psychological tactic worked.
I'm inclined to agree with you Annie ... dirty tactics is what I thought.

It reminds me of my new filling that dropped out.
I had a filling for a minor hole on Dec 22nd 2017....
Two days later on the night of Christmas Eve it dropped out .. worse, half the tooth came with it. It just crumbled and flaked off ... crunch crunch and down it went with my tea.

As soon as they reopened for emergencies after Boxing Day I rang up, got told to come right down so off I trotted and landed in his chair ... wanting it fixing and made good .... at no charge.
I enquired about payment and he told me there and then there was no cost as all dental work was guaranteed for 3 months from the date of the original work.
Business is business.... but if it hadn't been for the risk of sexually harassing him I'd have given him a belated Christmas kiss.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 07:45 PM

I'm glad that your filling was fixed Morti but what a horrid experience when you want to enjoy your mince pies and Christmas pud!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 07:50 PM

It's always Christmas when bad luck strikes Annie.

Years ago I ate a cashew nut and ended up with an abscess over Christmas till the dentist yanked the tooth out.
That wasn't too bad. I just inhaled food and got well tanked up on Bacardi and coke, which was better than any pain killer.
Christmas slid straight into New Year in an alcoholic haze.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's a really dirty trick by a dentist who wants to get shot of you Floydy. They know full well how difficult it is to find a new NHS dentist. Shame on them! Look at how well the psychological tactic worked.
You could ask them for a copy of their payment policy so that you don't end up in this situation again.
Well this is an alternative way of looking at it, Annie.
Honestly though, I don't think they're playing "dirty tricks" at all. Why on earth would they want "rid of me", I wasn't being nasty or anything, merely discussing the extra charge.

No psychological innuendos present I'm sure. Just a misunderstanding.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top