Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 08:32 PM

Re: Canada Legalises Cannabis...

From surfermom's post;

"There isn't one single benefit from marijuana when it comes to recreational "benefits" that can't be found doing something that is healthier and less costly to others.

If you have the good fortune of having a healthy body and mind, go for a walk, call a friend, go out to lunch and thank your lucky stars that you have a body not filled with unnecessary, potentially damaging chemicals."

I was surprised to see "marijuana" listed at the start of this quote. I was sure that it would be "alcohol". The damage and ruined lives from the use of that drug (alcohol) dwarf problems arising from MJ use and and I'm quite sure will continue to do so even as MJ is legalized.

I use neither, but that isn't the point. The great majority of people who are appalled by the thought of accepting MJ on the same level as the mind altering drug that they consume regularly would be better off trying to legislate more limits on alcohol and it's abuse. The auto that you may be driving while impaired doesn't differentiate between one drug or another.

And, please, let's not get into the foolishness of folks knowing better than to drive drunk, while "smokers" are all similar to characters in "Reefer Madness". Time and a long list of fatalities due to alcohol use have shown it not to be true.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:02 PM

good post Dave, and I agree with you......however, the topic heading was Cannabis....... Perhaps a new thread on the evils of alcohol....which there are many.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
From surfermom's post;

"There isn't one single benefit from marijuana when it comes to recreational "benefits" that can't be found doing something that is healthier and less costly to others.

If you have the good fortune of having a healthy body and mind, go for a walk, call a friend, go out to lunch and thank your lucky stars that you have a body not filled with unnecessary, potentially damaging chemicals."

I was surprised to see "marijuana" listed at the start of this quote. I was sure that it would be "alcohol". The damage and ruined lives from the use of that drug (alcohol) dwarf problems arising from MJ use and and I'm quite sure will continue to do so even as MJ is legalized.

I use neither, but that isn't the point. The great majority of people who are appalled by the thought of accepting MJ on the same level as the mind altering drug that they consume regularly would be better off trying to legislate more limits on alcohol and it's abuse. The auto that you may be driving while impaired doesn't differentiate between one drug or another.

And, please, let's not get into the foolishness of folks knowing better than to drive drunk, while "smokers" are all similar to characters in "Reefer Madness". Time and a long list of fatalities due to alcohol use have shown it not to be true.
Very interesting post Dave...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This hits too close to home to bite my tongue on this subject.

After having spent five years watching doctors inject, infuse and administer a mountain of such chemical compounds as chemotherapy, immunosuppressants, antidepressants, antibiotics, hormones, antibodies, analgesics, anticonvulsants, stimulants, depressants, uptake inhibitors into to dozens of children...

and then despite the health benefits watched the same children bravely and invariably suffer from side effects….

vomiting, malaise, mania, fever. stomachaches, headaches, diarrhea, hair loss, weight loss, impaired cognition, impaired speech, narcolepsy, insomnia, weight gain, muscle weakness, swelling, pain, thrush, anemia, sterility, depression, edema, sleeplessness, depression, joint pain, rashes, itching….and a host of others….

and then join with other parents who then carry the heavy, onerous burden that their children will forever face an increased probability of cancer, bone and joint problems, skin problems, addiction, heart damage, liver damage, emotional problems, learning problems, memory issues, and other neurological damage (I quietly wept in the chair next to my daughter watching a IV drug drip into her arm that could save her life but also possibly cause her an inability to have children)….

I cant’t put my head around why any society would legalize, condone, and encourage lay people to self-administer yet another class of chemical compounds into their bodies that puts others at risk, is societally costly, physically damaging, and makes the vulnerable weaker…

all in the name of some temporary, artificial escape or….

“fun.”

I’ve seen too many sick children, lost the young adult son to a driver impaired with alcohol and marijuana just a month ago, lost two grandfathers at 61 and 62 from tobacco, and have a friend who rerely leaves her house because she must care for her adult son show brain was destroyed (now psychotic, violent, paranoid, unable to work) from using recreational drugs that started out with marijuana use.

If you have a serious or chronic disease or injury, self-educate, see a physician, and consult with a pharmacist. I have yet to see anyone who grows or self-prescribes marijuana know beans about biochemistry and neurology.

There isn't one single benefit from marijuana when it comes to recreational "benefits" that can't be found doing something that is healthier and less costly to others.

If you have the good fortune of having a healthy body and mind, go for a walk, call a friend, go out to lunch and thank your lucky stars that you have a body not filled with unnecessary, potentially damaging chemicals.

It's a sad day for the citizens of Canada.
That is quite a post Surfermom and I can understand what you are saying. I agree with so much of your post....I just wish we could learn to do everything in moderation.

I have a brother who smokes up, and he is a great guy, well loved in the community, would help anyone in the world who needed him. He has been smoking it for about 15 or 20 years now.........(illegally).....but he knows how to handle himself, and he knows how to do it in moderation......

He never drives a car when smoking weed. He doesn't usually even leave the house when he is smoking up, and he does it because he is bipolar and cannot deal with what life has thrown in his face over the years.....he says it makes him more able to cope with life, rather than taking prescription drugs....

I give him a lot of credit. He is a good man........

He used to drink, and wow, was that ever terrible. He would cause so much trouble when he was drinking...but that is all behind him...... Now he can have the pot legally, so he is happy about that, and it will cost him less......

I still have to say the word "moderation" always comes to my mind when I think of mind altering drugs or alcohol.....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:32 PM

Early data suggests NO SPIKE in POT INDUCED DRIVING after legalization, police say.

Canadian police have not seen a spike in cannabis-impaired driving one month since legalization, but there needs to be more awareness of laws around storing marijuana in vehicles and passengers smoking weed, law enforcement officials say.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pot...pike-1.4906550

Way to go Canada. You make us proud.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top