Join for free
Page 6 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Re: Squirrels are great.

This one is still having issues with using the squirrel feeder as he still prefers to hang upside down on the birds feeder.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 02:29 PM

I am watching this thread every day. I love watching the birds and the squirrels. I know my squirrels are very territorial. If I have some nuts out for them, they chase every squirrel out of my yard, wanting the rest of them to stay away from their "feeding hole"......they fight something terrible when they get ahold of each other........very vicious.....
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am watching this thread every day. I love watching the birds and the squirrels. I know my squirrels are very territorial. If I have some nuts out for them, they chase every squirrel out of my yard, wanting the rest of them to stay away from their "feeding hole"......they fight something terrible when they get a hold of each other........very vicious.....
I have around six visit and whereas the normally do fight they do chase each other off. Though one time I did have three in very close proximity to one another.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

16-11-2018, 12:05 PM

This is rubbish quality as I had 4 in the vicinity which was a first but quality suffered so I have just clipped out the last one.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 02:42 PM

So cute MrFraggle.....he is a fat little guy. I saw where he filled up his mouth with as many as it would hold, hahaha
What is he eating? Are they the peanuts with the skin on?

We can't get those anymore. All ours are skinned already.
They grow peanuts about three hours drive from here. I used to go there and buy bulk as it was much cheaper than paying $3.98 for a jar.

Your squirrels are well fed, as is mine. I can always tell which squirrels are mine as they are nearly double the size of the other squirrels. Living on the edge of the woods, we have thousands of squirrels, but only about 25 or 30 come out of the wooded area, I guess they have their favourite berry or chestnut tree in there......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

16-11-2018, 02:44 PM

People would say to me "why do you spend so much money on birds and squirrels?".....

To me, it is no different than the money they spend on their various hobbies. This is my hobby.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

16-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Unfortunately peanuts without skins seem difficult to get here in the UK but they don't seem to mind.

i tend to buy 25 kgs which in your money is about $44
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

16-11-2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
People would say to me "why do you spend so much money on birds and squirrels?".....

To me, it is no different than the money they spend on their various hobbies. This is my hobby.
For me it is the pleasure, before my partner died in August she loved to sit at the window and watch the antics of the birds and squirrels and to be honest it is not that expensive if you shop around and buy in bulk.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:44 PM

Squirrels are hilarious and are always after the birdseed.
One year we thought we’d trick them and put our feeder right in the middle of our clothes line. Well wouldn’t you know it, when my husband and I got up that morning we witnessed a squirrel doing a hand over hand to get to the feeders.
We laughed so hard and to this day still laugh about it.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

17-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Going have to set up my trail camera to try and capture the chases when two come to the feeder at the same time as I missed it again. But here is a couple of greedy guts.

Page 6 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top