Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:38 AM

My Mups . . . (Con't)

Does anyone remember earlier this year when my vet and I were having a few concerns diagnosing Mups blood problems?

This is Mups - the real Mups, and my little treasure.

She will 13 on 2nd November.

Anyhow, I thought my vet had let it all drop now as we have not discussed it anymore recently, and she doesn't seem to have deteriorated outwardly.

Then tonight, out of the blue, he phoned me.
He told me he wanted to write an article for a veterinary paper/magazine about my dogs, but wanted to ask me for my permission first.
He said he would not 'name names', not mine or any of the dogs, and how did I feel about it.

I said it worth trying, and I would be very interested in any response.

So tonight I have been very busy, going through 13 years of records - pedigrees, family trees, health test results, litters born and so on, and he also wanted to know the relationship of 3 of my dogs to Mups, but excluding Gertie.

How fortunate I have always kept good records of each dog since birth.

So I have copied everything out, printed what he needs, including records from the K.C. health scheme, and put everything in a folder for me to drop in to him in the morning.

I will be really interested to see what (if any}, responses we get in the future, from his - and my - hard work.

I am so grateful for his continued interest. What a smashing fella.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:58 AM

Re: My Mups . . . (Con't)

That is fabulous news Mups. What a great guy to show such interest. Mr. Mups is a lucky dog.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
That is fabulous news Mups. What a great guy to show such interest. Mr. Mups is a lucky dog.

Thank you Bratti, he certainly is a smashing bloke.

BTW, it's Miss Mups,
All my dogs now are girls.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Bratti, he certainly is a smashing bloke.

BTW, it's Miss Mups,
All my dogs now are girls.
Oh my mistake. My eyesight isn’t great. I read Mr. Mups instead of My Mups. She looks great.
I’ve got all girls too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:30 AM

I love your dogs Mups, but maybe your vet fancies you!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 07:02 AM

How exciting for you and your Beddies, Mups. It will be an interesting article to read - will it be available to the public or just to Vets?

Better not let Gertie know she is not included - she may sulk!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 07:38 AM

That's great news Mups, very interesting, when he does the Article, make sure you put it on here for us to read.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:10 AM

Aw! We all love Mups, Mups and her 'sisters'. I know he said he will not name names but I reckon we will all recognise her story anyway so she will be a star.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I love your dogs Mups, but maybe your vet fancies you!
Good point Annie. Any excuse to call eh?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:18 AM

Be interesting to see if it brings up any alternative diagnosis of her previous problems. I wonder is there a medical evidence base for animals like there is for humans? Will be interesting to see the outcome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top