Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Nausea and vomiting

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid I can top that.

We have been in India last week and, since last Wednesday, I have been unable to keep anything down. Not being sick all the time, but certainly feeling sick.

Yesterday, this having gone on for over a week, I decided it was time to do something, so went to the GP and asked for an urgent appointment. To be honest, I was fully expecting the guard dog (receptionist) to tell me to come back in a day or two but, no, I can get you in at 1220 with Dr X.

The young doctor was very nice and very professional. Details were taken and, because I had been ill for so long - and also because it had begun in India - she referred me to the nearest hospital immediately.

I arrived there at about 2pm and was triaged within about half an hour. Details taken, tests done (bloods, ECG, chest X-ray, etc.) and, eventually an anti-emetic injection given with oral medication for follow-up. I finally left at about 7.30pm. No clear cause was found, but I was asked to return again tomorrow (Friday) for a follow-up.

People complain about the NHS and I'm sure the organisation is under-funded and over-subscribed. However, I was very impressed with the treatment I received and couldn't have hoped for better.
Hope you are feeling much better JBR...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Gallstones are dangerous and should be treated. If not there is a risk that one can become loose and cause acute pancreatitis. If you have gallstones then that is always a risk. Happened to a friend of mine and it took him a few months to recover. Worth getting yourself checked out.

Couldn't agree more, Annie.

It is dangerous ground when unqualified people diagnose others - without even seeing them.
It always makes me wonder if these people will also take responsibility if something goes seriously wrong through not seeking proper help.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 12:56 PM

Gallstones are dangerous and should be treated. If not there is a risk that one can become loose and cause acute pancreatitis. If you have gallstones then that is always a risk. Happened to a friend of mine and it took him a few months to recover. Worth getting yourself checked out.
Originally Posted by Maddy ->
blueberry sorry to hear that - nothing worse is there , check the medication if u are on some first 'anything new double check 'then trace back what u cooked and eaten -even if u was out ? I got bad with same symptoms once after eating a hamburger from Mc donalds ' I sat all nite on the loo with towels around me ' never touched another hope u get well soon x
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Couldn't agree more, Annie.

It is dangerous ground when unqualified people diagnose others - without even seeing them.
It always makes me wonder if these people will also take responsibility if something goes seriously wrong through not seeking proper help.
Thanks Mups, Maddy and Annie....I am taking everything into consideration and researching everything I can find on the internet, as well as double checking everything Realest is telling me. I never put my life completely in anyone else's hands, not even my doctors. I have had a ton of illness durng my life, including cancer, I am a survivor.....and I try to look at all angles.

I appreciate your concerns and am also taking everything you each say into consideration, and I thank you so much.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-10-2018, 01:17 PM

Realist, I was very sick early this morning and brought up a lot of bile. sticky bile.......the pain is not as bad this morning. I had diarrhea, plenty of it and it seemed to have bile also......
I did have toast and tea before bed, perhaps I ate too much toast but I seemed to be hungry for the first time in 3 days. But after I ate, I was feeling bloated and it was uncomfortable so I took a pantoloc and a sleeping pill and went to bed.

When I finished the diarrhea, the pain eased up. Perhaps it passed??

Only brought up once this morning and have had two cups of tea since and kept it down. Been up for three hours. I am getting hungry, but afraid to eat much as I don't want to be bloated like last night.

This has been going on with me, every so often (maybe every 3 or 4 weeks) for quite some time, and it usually lasts for 2 or 3 days. I have just recently being wondering why I am getting this episode of throwing up. This is the first time I have had such a pain in my side, just under my ribs. It is also tender there.

I have been researching the epsom salts and I am wondering if it is the one that we put in our bath when our muscles are hurting? I always have extra virgin olive oil on hand and that wouldn't be hard for me to drink a little shot because I like it.....but the epsom salts might be a problem to get down.
I am not even sure I know just what that epsom salts is. Is it SALT?

I have a friend going to the natural food store for me, later today. It is called Goodness Me Natural Food Mart.....

I am sure they will have the GrapeSeed Oil. She will also go to the pharmacy for the epsom salts, if you let me know if it is the one we take a bath with.......

I can't find anywhere, the dosage. I can see lots about it, but you have to order the book to get the dosage for the epsom salts and olive oil.....would you be able to give me a link which will tell me........

Again Realist, thank you so much.....I am feeling enccouraged. I have spent a lifetime being sick, I was beginning to think it was "normal" to feel bad every day...as there wasn't many days, I feel, what a person might consider to be a "good day"

Blue x
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:33 PM

Blue please don't take grapeseed extract before checking with your doctor. It contra indicates with a lot of medicines.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:45 PM

Get checked out at the hospital Bluey.
No one gets as sick as this without good reason.
Semi-colon you might be (like me) but when's the last time you had a colonoscopy?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Blue please don't take grapeseed extract before checking with your doctor. It contra indicates with a lot of medicines.
Yes Annie, I will do that, thanks

Blue x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-10-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Get checked out at the hospital Bluey.
No one gets as sick as this without good reason.
Semi-colon you might be (like me) but when's the last time you had a colonoscopy?
Ruthio, it has only been one year. I get it every two years, but I can go in sooner if I feel reason to.

I have had colon/bowel cancer. I have lost almost half of my large bowel. I don't have the bag, as the cancer was on the right hand side only.

I always got polups years ago. One time, the pain was so bad with the colonoscopy, that I told my doctor I was not ever going to do it again. 10 years later, I had two cancers in my bowel.....so, we do need to get that colonoscopy.

I can't do the test in the mail, it is not for people who have had bowel cancel.

thanks Ruthio
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-10-2018, 01:58 PM

PS: I have mesh holding my bowel together where it attaches to my small intestines. I also lost some of my small intestines. I had several incisional hernias and a strangulation of the bowel with the mesh.

I was in hospital about a month ago, as I was so sick, but didn't have the pain in my side. They checked my mesh to make sure it wasn't strangulating again. It is fine (thank God)
I didn't have the pain in my side, so they didn't connect it to gall bladder maybe. They concentrated more on the bowel and the previous cancers........
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Ruthio, it has only been one year. I get it every two years, but I can go in sooner if I feel reason to.

I have had colon/bowel cancer. I have lost almost half of my large bowel. I don't have the bag, as the cancer was on the right hand side only.

I always got polups years ago. One time, the pain was so bad with the colonoscopy, that I told my doctor I was not ever going to do it again. 10 years later, I had two cancers in my bowel.....so, we do need to get that colonoscopy.

I can't do the test in the mail, it is not for people who have had bowel cancel.

thanks Ruthio
Didn't you have a sedative before your colonoscopy?
I always ask for the legal limit and then some!

The postal (mail) screening test is suitable for everyone who possesses a working bowel!
You should consider being screened as long as you have a working bowel. Or even half one.

Edit: just seen your post above, maybe the screening doesn't apply to you, I dunno.
I always do every screening offered.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top