Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Re: Fish and chips

Tuckers in Cheddar, best I ever tasted.
Now I'm hungry!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We have one about a 10-minute stroll. Very good. Even My dear wife's American relative rave about their fish & Chips.

And such an original name - Mr Chips. Except vandals keep removing the letter "C".
Ours is called:

Mr. Ram and Mrs Cod.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 04:48 PM

Went to the magpie just before last Christmas, they were very nice, we were in Whitby last week and had fish n chips at the fisherman’s wife, we normally go there and have never been disappointed, more local to us we have Scott’s fish and chips which are also excellent, the wetherby whaler are usually good, and a bit further afield are Thompson’s fish and chips also nice, then there’s millers fish and chips, voted the best in Yorkshire ( I think, or it might have been in the country) but never had them from there, we are quite spoilt for choice when it comes to fish and chips, we have loads...🐟🐟🐟
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We do have a nice one in Chelmsford, Essex that we go to, we only eat in and the Fish and Chips is all cooked fresh in front of you and piping hot.

Also there is a nice Fish and Chip shop in Paignton, Devon in the square that we like.
Is that the Loch Fyne restaurant susie?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well being from Hull, the epicentre of all things cod, I have samples fish 'n' chips at many different eateries.
I can honestly say though after 54 years on this desperately decaying planet of ours that I had the best ever fish and chips meal on my birthday two weeks ago.
Others are naming restaurants so I'll post this link for the Lion & Key below. Quite simply the most gorgeous pub meal I've ever tasted. I recommend their "Yorkshire Fish and Pattie Platter". If you're ever in my neck of the woods, give me a shout and we'll go for a big slap up meal and a pint of real ale
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...e_England.html
I used to visit Hull quite frequently on business. I concur. The fish & chip meals were excellent.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:10 PM

a little family run chippie near me called Shears Fisheries, cheap and best around my region.

Fish & Chips £4.25
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well being from Hull, the epicentre of all things cod, I have samples fish 'n' chips at many different eateries.
I can honestly say though after 54 years on this desperately decaying planet of ours that I had the best ever fish and chips meal on my birthday two weeks ago.
Others are naming restaurants so I'll post this link for the Lion & Key below. Quite simply the most gorgeous pub meal I've ever tasted. I recommend their "Yorkshire Fish and Pattie Platter". If you're ever in my neck of the woods, give me a shout and we'll go for a big slap up meal and a pint of real ale
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...e_England.html
I suppose the South have a lot to learn Floydy.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Tuckers in Cheddar, best I ever tasted.
Now I'm hungry!
I think we have been there many moons ago Tess.
I hope you have eaten now.

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Ours is called:

Mr. Ram and Mrs Cod.
So f they married, it might be ........

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
a little family run chippie near me called Shears Fisheries, cheap and best around my region.

Fish & Chips £4.25
Blimey, Queeny ours is much more expensive.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:19 PM

Fish & Chips £4.25
Cor...that is cheap Queen.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
Cor...that is cheap Queen.
yeah, normally they run at about £5.50. Thing is, Shears are the cheapest and the best, they won an award I believe and well deserved too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:36 PM

yeah, normally they run at about £5.50. Thing is, Shears are the cheapest and the best, they won an award I believe and well deserved too.
This one????

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top