Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:04 PM

Re: Measles

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
True but it won't hurt her to know I disapprove tonight Steven is all sympathy she's never in trouble with him lno matter what she does. Gotta love them both they hang up on me something fierce.
It's not an easy age and it's clear she loves you both to bits. I hope it all works out and she has no further symptoms.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:33 PM

Good grief Julie, I don't blame you for being mad, I would have been too.

I think you are right to report it to the school too, before the next child gets a worse infection from a dirty needle let alone the wrong ink.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:34 PM

Btw she missed the MMR due to her consultant not wanting her to have it. She had separate jabs before she started school
Sensible consultant!

I am so glad it was not measles.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not an easy age and it's clear she loves you both to bits. I hope it all works out and she has no further symptoms.

Annie, I don't quite agree with you on this one - sorry.
No matter how much Grace loves her parents, it won't protect her from blood poisoning. Those boys must stop doing this.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There is nothing wrong with the MMR vaccine, misinformation about it has meant many children weren't given it and some have died in consequence.
I worked for the NHS for long enough to know how statistics are manipulated and information distorted - it was one of the reasons I took early retirement.

MMR is dangerous. I am not saying do not vaccinate - but give them separately with a recovery space in between.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Annie, I don't quite agree with you on this one - sorry.
No matter how much Grace loves her parents, it won't protect her from blood poisoning. Those boys must stop doing this.
I don't think she will make such a mistake again. From what I've seen posted, she's a sensible girl.

I am sure that the school will stop this happening in future. My main concern is that the school did not recognise an allergic reaction. That is very disappointing. They must have looked at her record and put two and two together to make five.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-11-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I worked for the NHS for long enough to know how statistics are manipulated and information distorted - it was one of the reasons I took early retirement.

MMR is dangerous. I am not saying do not vaccinate - but give them separately with a recovery space in between.
I agree with you ST, but cannot see them going back.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-11-2018, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think she will make such a mistake again. From what I've seen posted, she's a sensible girl.

I am sure that the school will stop this happening in future. My main concern is that the school did not recognise an allergic reaction. That is very disappointing. They must have looked at her record and put two and two together to make five.

Yes, that is a bit worrying I agree.
Maybe they were playing safe because of the other cases of Measles they've had at the school.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-11-2018, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that is a bit worrying I agree.
Maybe they were playing safe because of the other cases of Measles they've had at the school.
Isn't there a high fever with measles? I've had anaphylaxis and there is no fever. But it is life threatening. They need to review their protocols.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 01:06 AM

Well it's not measles and I'm mad as hell here, I'm going to the school tomorrow and this is stopping right here.

The kids mainly the boys are insisting the girls have tattoos, now bad enough if they were professionally done but these young monsters are using a needle and ink out of a pen ! What's happened to Grace and she's in trouble here, all privileges taken away and she won't be going out for at least a week, no fireworks party at all, she has reacted to the ink and has urticaria all over her body. The GP has prescribed gel and tablets and tomorrow if it hasn't gone down we have to go to the hospital with her for further treatment.

Honestly for a clever child she has her moments of pure stupidity and this is one of those I think.

I've rung various parents and I think some youngsters are having quite a telling off this evening.

It's all part of trying to fit in with her social group. We've all done daft stuff when we were younger.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top