Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:58 AM

Re: Fireworks

People should keep their pets indoors if they don't like fireworks, end of story.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
People should keep their pets indoors if they don't like fireworks, end of story.
people do keep their pets indoors but that doesn't stop the horrendous noise frightening them from the loud bangers
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:08 AM

Mine are but that doesn't stop the panic and fear, sedation even doesn't do anything to stop my Elsie reacting just helps calm her afterwards. Usually just in time for next bang.

BTW if you really prefer people to animals think of the soldiers with PTSD who hit the deck in fear at each bang. I thought coming home last night a man had a heart attack on the pavement, stopped and he was just absolutely terrified out of his skin at the bangs that had taken him back to a time of fear and terror in the desert.

Just try to empathise a little for a change with him and others like him.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:08 AM

Tara even with double glazing and the curtains closed some fireworks sound like bombs going off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Tara even with double glazing and the curtains closed some fireworks sound like bombs going off.

Quite so Meg.
Even then, the horses, sheep, and birds are still frightened, would Tara suggest bringing them in too?

As I said earlier, from the huge public display near me, my car will be covered in thick grey muck by Sunday morning, and it just smears when you try to wash it off.
I have to pick up all the dead fireworks before I let my dogs out in the garden next morning too, else Gertie will collect them!

Some people without pets haven't got a clue, or just plain couldn't care less.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Quite so Meg.
Even then, the horses, sheep, and birds are still frightened, would Tara suggest bringing them in too?

As I said earlier, from the huge public display near me, my car will be covered in thick grey muck by Sunday morning, and it just smears when you try to wash it off.
I have to pick up all the dead fireworks before I let my dogs out in the garden next morning too, else Gertie will collect them!
Dirty Gertie!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Dirty Gertie!

She is an hoarder of rubbish Queenie.
I empty her bed most days of stuff she has been out collecting.
Twice last week I had to get pieces of wood out that had lodged tight between her teeth.
Plastic plant labels and those little wooden plant support sticks are her favourite, though she also collects leaves.

You'd think she'd found gold if she comes across any Pigeon feathers. They are a real bonus.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love fireworks, great fun.

My dogs have never had an issue with them.

It is a two way street, I have problems with cats messing in my garden and dog poo on the pavements.

I do not find it necessary to ban ownership of cats and dogs.

If we are to have only Public Displays of fire works, then perhaps we should have only Public Displays of cats and dogs.
That's not going to be popular on here Swim, but I admire your courage.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's not going to be popular on here Swim, but I admire your courage.....
We are a sister site to various pet forums that azz runs, so it is either brave or a bit silly IMO
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well that is tough, if humans who are the much more important species than others have to put up with it, so do lesser species like dogs and cats.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top