Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:09 AM

Re: Buying Wine

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's Italian for me. I love Asti Spumanti Martini & Lanson champagne from France.
You are sparkling and fresh then Tiff. X
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:10 AM

This stuff about single malts, never seen the point, it was like smokers, a 60 a day smoker was a smoker, hooked per see, a single malt drinker has a single at Christmas, and one on his/her birthday, the waxes lyrical about the smoothness/quality, the saving grace, they are sober enough to argue the point, late into the night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I need advice like Mupsy.

I find the difficulty lies in if you fancy a change from the one (or ones) you usually buy.

When they used to put the numbers 1 - 5 on the labels, it was a doddle, but that seemed to stop a long time ago round here.

I would be damned annoyed if I paid for a decent wine then opened it one evening and it was undrinkable becuase it was sickly sweet or far too dry - after all, you can't take it back!

They are so hot on labelling other things, so why not wine!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This stuff about single malts, never seen the point, it was like smokers, a 60 a day smoker was a smoker, hooked per see, a single malt drinker has a single at Christmas, and one on his/her birthday, the waxes lyrical about the smoothness/quality, the saving grace, they are sober enough to argue the point, late into the night.
No mate, only to a point. Those are the drinkers who are not so concerned about actually tasting their drink. Malt whiskey is much more enjoyable to drink unless you just like to swill it down your neck. Then you might as well drink Bells or Teachers.
Same with wine and beer. There are different reasons why we drink. Sadly many people just want to get p!ssed without savouring the taste of a nicer drink.
Been there myself but grown up luckily.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 04:35 AM

i find German wine quite acidic to be honest. It gives me heartburn whereas Italian wines and others do not.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 05:09 AM

Not a big wino but I do like the occasional dry white.
Sav Blanc,Chablis and Soave.

I agree with Floydy.Malt is the only drinkable whisky.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top