Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:20 AM

Re: Cashless Society

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Contactless machines on the bus for your debit card,Pauline. They are phasing them in.
We have the Opal card for use on buses, trains and ferries. It is so convenient, and the fare appears almost instantly on my phone.

However as I say I would prefer that all these cards become part of the NFC that my phone already has but is never used.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
If they stole your card what could they do without your PIN?
What about a mobile phone?
These days a lot of cards are 'contactless' which means they don't need your pin. They can draw up to £30 without it. When my friend had her wallet 'pick pocketed' in the supermarket the thief spent over £100 in small transactions before the card was stopped.

A good reason to refuse to have a 'contactless' card.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I wonder if we will every become a cashless society...

I think it will be good for the banks, but what about the people, will we benefit from a cashless society?

What is your thoughts on this.....what's the pros and cons.....
I normally use cash for most of my payments,I like to actually see the cash in my hands rather than just swiping or paying by plastic card.
I only have a Debit Card and wouldnt ever want a contactless one.
Cash is king for me. For now at least. Im sure cash will be phased out eventually though. Wether thats for the best who knows.
Id love to come back in 200yrs time and see whats changed.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top