Join for free
Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:14 PM

Re: Prince Philip Has Died

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....philips-death/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I guess it will JBR, I understand every detail of the state funeral was planned years ago, who would have thought there would be such a thing as a lockdown.
Hi

Quite correct and he was instrumental in planning it.

He did not want a State Funeral, too much of a fuss for him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Get ready for an outbreak of convid-19 when the funeral takes place because a huge majority of people will ignore social distance laws and line the streets in their thousands upon thousands.

I do believe the Queen will be a bit sad at his passing but I do not think she will be devastated because I believe they both as a couple have achieved everything they wanted to achieve. All that was left was to see out their remaining years.
They can line the streets, but they can't get in to Windsor Castle!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:29 PM

I wonder if the Queen will step down now that she's lost her rock?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:30 PM

Didnt she say she was going to step back a bit when she was 95 ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wonder if the Queen will step down now that she's lost her rock?

If she does that will be a sad day for me too, I really like our Queen. However, I wouldn't blame her for one minute, I see her as being a good queen for us but I think it's time she saw her twilight years out living a peaceful life, preferably out of the nasty media, but that won't happen obviously the vultures they are.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same here. The amount of hate and bile by BLM supporters on Twitter accusing the late Prince of being a racist is disgraceful. (Could have worded that more strongly, but I don't want booting off the site).
I agree. There are some people who do not deserve to live in this country and are probably leeching off us as I write. I wish that they could be booted out. We'd be a damned sight better off without them.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:44 PM

R.I.P Prince Philip.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:53 PM

A very sad day for the Queen and indeed the nation. After over sixty years of marriage and seventy years of service, I'm sure her Maj will be devastated despite Prince Philip's recent illnesses and age, and I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't pass on the royal batton to her next in line. He was the perfect bloke to support the Queen in everything she does, and I've always considered him as important as the Queen. It would have been nice to have met him and heard what he really thought about the UK today.....I'm sure he wouldn't have pulled any punches......RIP Prince Philip......see you soon...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:01 PM

There is no place for a none punch puller on a Forum, I thought that was well established.

Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top