Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:45 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
How are you all today, God bless all who scribble here.

Yes indeed Spitty I have seen photo’s of your handiwork and it’s second to none, you have a great pair of hands on yeh, long may you use them wisely.

My apologies RJ, I couldn’t think of the name of that hat, but you were indeed wearing a Fedora.

You were talking about the new years eve plans Sweetie.
I’ve told the old girls (the wife and a couple of her sisters) that the celebrations are over till New Years eve, they are not short of a few bob so they can go where they like till then but include me out, I’m just all burned out for now, I have to regroup my energies and we’ll probably end up in the local, three of the sisters live in our locality, the local is on a hill so I can just roll them all home at closing time.
I’m the last brother in law they have left out of 8 altogether, 7 have passed on and their offspring have grown and flown as they say, so I’m left to carry the can, they come to me with all their problems, that’s the worst of being a good listener, good talkers are inclined to overwhelm you and you can’t get a word in edgeways.
Aww, Jem I always thought of you as a good listener. x
I think I have a face for that, I go outside our shopping precinct for a quick ciggy, someone asks me for a light, the next thing, I get their life story. My hubby then asks me ,, what takes me so long shopping

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ahem.

Just a quick word to correct your assumptions,Jem,old chap.
In BOTH my cars [although one is akshly a Land Rover,but,meh] there is ALWAYS a guitar in the back in it's case,along with a harmonica.
One has various tools,items of Elfen Safety attire,several 'Bag for Life' shopping containers,water,oil,ALWAYS a can of WD40,plus a variety of 'Might need that one day'-type items. Spare wheels & jacks are kept in cases.

SO - having spent today getting a rather ill friend's Fiesta running efficiently,that she may visit the various local W.I. events [what DO they find to talk about so intensely?] and evening get-togethers,I'm wondering just how badly a car has to run before the driver says ''Hmm...something amiss here''. I've had to change the plugs [the gap was burnt away to almost three times the correct distance] the air filter [which was solid...it actually bounced when I dropped it on her drive] ALL the ignition leads [the fekkin spark was travelling up the OUTSIDE of those knackered,cracked,oil-covered lengths of crap],the distributor cap [which had TWO cracks in it AND one pole burnt to a nub inside,plus install a new set of points [the ones I took out had genuinely burnt to points and could not close on rotation!] I have t'say...I'm REALLY impressed with that little Fiesta! ANY other car would've just called it quits...but her little Thunderbug just kept popping and backfiring it's way through the lanes at 12 mph. I have to say,in seriousness for a mo...WHAT a tribute to the 1300 Ford Fiesta,that it kept moving under such impossible conditions! ... and here's the best bit - I received a call just over 45 minutes ago from the lady in question,who genuinely is seriously ill,asking me if I can slow her car down a bit,as it's ''suddenly so lively''. Yes,truly. She asked if it's supposed to ''accelerate so quickly'' and if I could slow it down a bit. I explained to her about putting just a light pressure on the accelerator, not putting her foot to the carpet. [but I must admit to feeling a little chuffed] A good deed done,to end the year with.
You are a good sort Pugsy. xxxx
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:03 AM

I'd like t'say that's true,Sweets...but the truth is,any one of yerz would help in the same way,knowing that lady and her limited capabilities of movement-and,indeed,knowing her courage as she faces her final New Year in this realm.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:11 AM

I'd like t'say that's true,Sweets...but the truth is,any one of yerz would help in the same way,knowing that lady and her limited capabilities of movement-and,indeed,knowing her courage as she faces her final New Year in this realm.
Yes Pugsy, I truly think that everyone that posts here on this thread is the same. xxx
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:24 AM

No doubt about it,Sweets. There isn't a poster on this forum that'd leave that lady stranded,knowing her circumstances. [and whether she voted 'in' or 'out' wouldn't get a look-in]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-12-2018, 01:27 AM

No doubt about it,Sweets. There isn't a poster on this forum that'd leave that lady stranded,knowing her circumstances. [and whether she voted 'in' or 'out' wouldn't get a look-in]
True my lovely, very true. xxx
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

30-12-2018, 01:30 AM

Right,angel...

It's close to 00.30 hrs.
I have to bomb across to check Chris is doing ok.
He did ask if I could make it 00.30 hrs,as that's when he has to inject.
So,gotta whizz,Honeychile.

Stay gorgeous. xxx
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-12-2018, 01:40 AM

Right,angel...

It's close to 00.30 hrs.
I have to bomb across to check Chris is doing ok.
He did ask if I could make it 00.30 hrs,as that's when he has to inject.
So,gotta whizz,Honeychile.

Stay gorgeous. xxx
Drive carefully. xxxx

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 03:35 PM

Yes, after all is said and done, the scribblers are a benevolent group.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 04:10 PM

I know absolutely nothing about cars Pug, except ‘Jack’ is a nickname for a Dubliner, taken from the word ‘Jackeen’ meaning little Jack, Jacks is also the nickname for toilets as in “I’m off to the Jacks now, be back in a minute” I think that came from the American name for toilets the John = Jack.
Which all goes to prove that I know more about crap than I do about cars.

I know we have some first class artists on the forum, I like most art but I couldn’t paint a plank myself.

This is a modern art painting featuring an Elephant, and as they say behind every modern art painting there is a meaning, of course it’s up to the viewer to find it, it took me a good while to figure out what the artist intended, then it hit me.
The meaning is very clever, the Elephant is the ‘red herring’ here, it’s deliberately meant to throw one off what the painter really wanted to show us, and that is that it shows you all the sides of the work at the same time, the front, the back, the two sides, and the top, saving one the trouble of having to walk all around it or look down on it to see the complete work, think of a flat box. Brilliant eh?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Sorry Jem, I couldn't resist. xxx

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top