Join for free
Page 61 of 276 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 06:47 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I’m pleased to hear you’ve got that over with Ffosse. I only have the steroids to take home now but do feel that for the three days I take them, they help me feel ok. It’s when they stop that I have a low period for a few days and then I begin to pick up again.

Appointments can be a problem but I make mine myself with my local hospital, apart from the chemo which is out of town, I have to go three more times within the two week cycle. You just get into a bit of a system really and the nurses should keep you on the right track.

Hope you enjoyed your scrambled eggs, a good choice!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That was an ordeal.

I got a blood transfusion which took about 2 hours - they said my haemoglobin was low and I needed one. At least I finally found out what blood group I am (A Positive).

The chemotherapy itself didn't take that long (apart from the 4 hours it took them to make it up). One drug is a thick goo which they injected into my stomach. I was sent home with the dosette box of tablets I must take for the next week - steroids, others etc. They also gave me a drug to keep in my fridge until Friday when the nurse at my GPs will inject me with it.

I've had differing answers as to why I'm so knackered all the time (I don't believe it's the cancer). They mention the infections, my low red cell count etc. but I'm really none the wiser. Compounding the problem is that I have duplicate appointments for different dates to see the Consultant, have another MRI and a CT scan as these were sent out to me by mail. Sorting that out was a nightmare with the Clinical Haemotologist but I finally have on paper and on my phone all the correct appointments.

Then I must make appointments to see my GP's nurse two days prior to each chemo to get my blood taken.

I found it all confusing; I'm not sure how someone much older and less on the ball would manage the whole thing. I can understand why people don't want chemotherapy.

I ate a cheese and pickle sandwich, some biscuits and had a small cup of coffee. I don't feel sick, but am having something simple like scrambled eggs for my tea.
All sounds very confusing Dreamy.
I hope you enjoyed your eggs.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Well after I see the nurse on Friday I have the rest of the month to myself until I see her again on the 30th to get blood taken.

That's a good half a month where I don't have to see anyone.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 07:41 PM

Well after I see the nurse on Friday I have the rest of the month to myself until I see her again on the 30th to get blood taken.

That's a good half a month where I don't have to see anyone.
That is something. I hope the weather improves and you are able to go out.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-04-2018, 08:51 PM

Good Night Dreamy.
See you tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 04:22 PM

Just realised that my house is rather untidy; I tend to have everything hospital and drug related on the living-room and kitchen tables for easy access. I'll need to drag a hoover round this weekend I think.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-04-2018, 04:31 PM

Just realised that my house is rather untidy; I tend to have everything hospital and drug related on the living-room and kitchen tables for easy access. I'll need to drag a hoover round this weekend I think.
Please don't overdo things Dreamy.
I wondered where you were today.
How are you feeling?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

12-04-2018, 04:37 PM

I'm feeling OK; still tired though. I went back to bed this afternoon for a couple of hours.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-04-2018, 05:02 PM

I'm feeling OK; still tired though. I went back to bed this afternoon for a couple of hours.
Good for you Dreamy.
I would do the same.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 05:17 PM

Nice and steady Ffosse, perhaps a few minutes at a time, try not to overdo it! I’ve done that so many times myself, felt ok, worked too hard and suffered the consequences!

Page 61 of 276 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top