Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Re: Serious problems with flu shot safety and effectiveness

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That was the point Art, it was 100 years ago and that level of devastation hasn't happened since because we have had a flu vaccine and antibiotics.
Oh of course, since then we have had the Avian/Bird Flu, the Swine Flu, you know the ones that were going to kill thousands of people and they just disappeared and we never heard of them again!

The Swine Flu happened in 2009, and according to Realist’s annual flu death figures, was 78. Yet, in years since, with no flu panedemic and many having the flu vaccine, the numbers have been higher.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh of course, since then we have had the Avian/Bird Flu, the Swine Flu, you know the ones that were going to kill thousands of people and they just disappeared and we never heard of them again!
Interesting you should bring those up. That reminds us of course of the TAMIFLU scandal, the product that was supposed to be for Swine Flu.

https://qz.com/212479/europe-has-not...miflu-scandal/

It’s been five years since European governments tried to fight the H1N1 pandemic and wasted a colossal $3 billion of taxpayer money in doing so. Back then, they stocked up on Tamilflu, a medication used on other types of influenza and marketed as a cure for the swine flu. It actually turned out to be “just as effective as aspirin” against the swine flu

What caused the scandal was not so much the wasted money. It was that Roche, the producer of the treatment, broke no law by hiding eight of the 10 clinical trial reports on Tamiflu. At the time, no law demanded the publication of the tests done to prove the effectiveness of the treatment, and because of that the efficacy of the medicine could be hyped up.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

The Swine Flu happened in 2009, and according to Realist’s annual flu death figures, was 78. Yet, in years since, with no flu panedemic and many having the flu vaccine, the numbers have been higher.
Because we have had the vaccine. I never used to get vaccinated until I contracted swine flu. The numbers are nothing compared to what used to happen before the vaccine and antibiotics.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 06:40 PM

Because we have had the vaccine. I never used to get vaccinated until I contracted swine flu. The numbers are nothing compared to what used to happen before the vaccine and antibiotics.
You taken 1 + 1 and gotten to 3 there.

The great flu pandemic (Spanish flu) of 1918 was exacerbated by the conditions at the time. It was war time and people were in cramped close quarters, many of them military personnel. They were also cramped in hospitals.

Many of the deaths were actually caused by respiratory illness like pneumonia, not by the flu itself.

It is also now thought that many of the deaths were caused by Aspirin poisoning which caused bleeding. Medical authorities at the time recommended large doses of aspirin of up to 30 grams per day. Today, about four grams would be considered the maximum safe daily dose.

Since then things have changed dramatically. Hygiene is now greatly improved. Hospital staff know how to isolate ill people and prevent the spread of viruses in the hospital. Secondary infections like pneumonia can be treated with antibiotics.

The flu vaccine is relatively useless and thus has done little to prevent pandemics. That is of course why the FACTUAL numbers show that deaths due to Influenza are going up not down. The flu vaccine is NOT preventing or lowering the number of deaths, period.

Another pandemic is a certainty, experts absolutely expect it. They happen about once a decade. When it happens you'll of course find some other straw to grasp to explain away what is happening. The truth will be clear though. The flu vaccine won't have prevented any deaths and won't have prevented a pandemic.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You taken 1 + 1 and gotten to 3 there.

The great flu pandemic (Spanish flu) of 1918 was exacerbated by the conditions at the time. It was war time and people were in cramped close quarters, many of them military personnel. They were also cramped in hospitals.

Many of the deaths were actually caused by respiratory illness like pneumonia, not by the flu itself.

It is also now thought that many of the deaths were caused by Aspirin poisoning which caused bleeding. Medical authorities at the time recommended large doses of aspirin of up to 30 grams per day. Today, about four grams would be considered the maximum safe daily dose.

Since then things have changed dramatically. Hygiene is now greatly improved. Hospital staff know how to isolate ill people and prevent the spread of viruses in the hospital. Secondary infections like pneumonia can be treated with antibiotics.

The flu vaccine is relatively useless and thus has done little to prevent pandemics. That is of course why the FACTUAL numbers show that deaths due to Influenza are going up not down. The flu vaccine is NOT preventing or lowering the number of deaths, period.

Another pandemic is a certainty, experts absolutely expect it. They happen about once a decade. When it happens you'll of course find some other straw to grasp to explain away what is happening. The truth will be clear though. The flu vaccine won't have prevented any deaths and won't have prevented a pandemic.
Your obsession with this topic is unhealthy.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Your obsession with this topic is unhealthy.
On the contrary, my enthusiasm to uncover the truth and expose the fraudulent scams goes along way to keeping me healthy, which is more than can be said for the unfortunate people having their flu shots.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
These figures showing increasing numbers of death from influenza, however, seem perfectly clear to me. Either flu viruses are becoming far more dangerous or, as Realist suggests, the vaccines are becoming less effective.
...or the death toll would be even greater were it not for the flu vaccine.

Have you checked these figures are accurate? or are they the drivel put out by the Antivaxxers?

For example:

Influenza (flu) is a very common, highly infectious disease caused by a virus. It can be very dangerous, causing serious complications and death, especially for people in risk groups. In rare cases flu can kill people who are otherwise healthy. In the UK it is estimated that an average of 600 people a year die from complications of flu. In some years it is estimated that this can rise to over 10,000 deaths (see for example this UK study from 2013 , which estimated over 13,000 deaths resulting from flu in 2008-09). Flu leads to hundreds of thousands of GP visits and tens of thousands of hospital stays a year.

http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/influenza-flu
That doesn't tie up with the figures quoted previously. Just because someone with an axe to grind quotes some random figures it doesn't mean they are true. Don't fall for that trick.

He quotes 78 deaths for 2009 and 38 for 2008 yet according to that study there were 13000 deaths what accounts for that discrepancy do you reckon? someone plucking numbers out of a tin foil hat?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 10:04 AM

On the contrary, my enthusiasm to uncover the truth and expose the fraudulent scams goes along way to keeping me healthy, which is more than can be said for the unfortunate people having their flu shots.
You don't appear to have any idea what you are talking about. I am concerned you could cause someone not to have the vaccine and they could get flu, become very ill and even die.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 10:23 AM

I do wonder if those of us with complicated medical histories are in the same place as you though Realist ? you seem a healthy chap many of us aren't often no fault of our own and we can't take any risk of getting flu it could kill us, you however can because you are in rude good health.

My problem with antibiotics, my GP won't give me any for any reason because I am allergic to so many, so if my GP says something else might help me I will try it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:50 AM

That was the point Art, it was 100 years ago and that level of devastation hasn't happened since because we have had a flu vaccine and antibiotics.
Antibiotics have no effect against Flu or the Common cold.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top