Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:49 AM

Re: The 'Birdbox' challenge and the stupidity of some people

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If they weren't likely to hurt others I'd say darwin at work and we don't need these brains in our society.
That is more or less what the guy in the croc group said

it happens when carrying capacity is reached. The human population is at 7 billion currently and the planet is struggling to cope with demand. That’s when Mother Nature intervenes to reduce numbers with measures such as disease, famine etc. Heck nothing wrong with adding Darwinism to the mix.
Then he added a picture...

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:55 AM

I remember a magician tried this with coins taped over his eyes.

He crashed.

How often have we heard, Don't try this at home?

The power of human stupidity should never be underestimated.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I remember a magician tried this with coins taped over his eyes.

He crashed.

How often have we heard, Don't try this at home?

The power of human stupidity should never be underestimated.
It's true. I cringe when I hear those words on TV 'Don't try this at home' but some people obviously need to be told.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:13 PM

You have reminded me that I haven't wasted large chunks of my life for a while reading the Darwin Awards.

Chats laterer. I may not be back for some little while.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Over Christmas/New Year, my daughter’s were watching Birdbox on Netflix. I took glances at it and mostly saw Sandra Bullock and her two children blindfolded, all hanging onto a leash to keep together. Next, still blindfolded, they were in a boat and Sandra was rowing it.
All the people who they befriended and tried to help them seemed to get killed off.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Over Christmas/New Year, my daughter’s were watching Birdbox on Netflix. I took glances at it and mostly saw Sandra Bullock and her two children blindfolded, all hanging onto a leash to keep together. Next, still blindfolded, they were in a boat and Sandra was rowing it.
All the people who they befriended and tried to help them seemed to be killed off.
I didn't think much of it tbh. I thought it was over-hyped Bullocks which is a shame because I normally like her films.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:20 PM

As Baldrich would say: Stupidy, Stupidy, Stupidy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I'm in a crocodile appreciation group on Facebook (I know, I'm weird ) and the guy who runs the group is highly amused by it, but.....when one of them gets bitten, or worse, what happens to the poor ole gator?

Idiots
Handbags?

People's stupidity astounds me!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I suppose it has to be Corbyn for starters. He is already wearing blinkers.
Seems you're now showing your ignorance of the constitution too!!! - Jeremy Corbyn is Leader of the Opposition, he's (not yet) a Cabinet Minister. Now go back to my original question and tell me which CABINET MINISTER you nominate to try driving blind. Shouldn't be hard, because they're all blind sitting in PParliament anyway.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It appears that the latest craze is driving a vehicle whilst blindfolded as shown in the film Birdbox starring Sandra Bullock. A teenager has already crashed whilst attempting this in the US state of Utah. As we know, Britain copies everything the US does, good or bad so expect to see some cases here too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46846981
Insanity taken to a new level.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top