Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:18 PM

Re: 'Brexit Diet'

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If you are really nice to us, as the world's second biggest exporter of LPG (and soon to become the biggest), we could supply all your gas needs - no need for any pipeline with our gas, it all goes by ship.
The importance of liquefied gas

In addition to these new pipelines, ships with LNG will probably also play an important role for the supply of natural gas from 2015 onwards. At present, the supply of LNG in the EU is still falling because gas suppliers can currently charge higher prices in Asia or South America. Studies show, however, that deliveries of LNG in 2020 can cover a maximum of 24 percent of gas demand in Europe.

In particular, Great Britain, France, Spain and Italy will then import much more liquefied gas than is currently the case. The main suppliers of LNG are Qatar, Nigeria and Algeria, but the US will also supply liquid gas to Europe in the future.

https://www.wingas.nl/grondstof-aard...s-vandaan.html
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It seems that the lng only provides 9% of UK consumption. Isn't lpg mainly used as fuel for automobiles, busses etc?
I wrote that in error, it's LNG that Australia exports. Its all just gas to me.

Apparently we will overtake Qatar in 2020 as the world's largest supplier of LNG. Most of the information quoted before is well out of date.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:23 PM

I wrote that in error it's LNG that Australia exports. Its all just gas to me.
Our busses function on lng. It's considered more sustainable and cleaner than diesel.
We are experimenting with busses, garbage vehicles driven on hydrogen. Even more sustainable, they say.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-08-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
As your link pointed out and which I quoted:

That assumes there is a place where gas from norway, netherlands and russia is mixed and then transported? Any suggestion where that happens?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:40 PM

That assumes there is a place where gas from norway, netherlands and russia is mixed and then transported? Any suggestion where that happens?
You may "assume", I didn't; you may say "mixed", I didn't; you may say "transported", I didn't ..... as for suggestions, I can't make any about things I didn't say.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Our busses function on lng. It's considered more sustainable and cleaner than diesel.
We are experimenting with busses, garbage vehicles driven on hydrogen. Even more sustainable, they say.
Taxis and buses (and some cars) have been running on gas for years here but it has gone out of fashion as gas prices have increased - currently the price is about 80c a litre at the pump whereas petrol is about 127c/L and diesel 137c/L. but it varies from day to day (I bought diesel yesterday for 127c/L)

Hydrogen is a non starter, clean to burn but filthy to produce.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Taxis and buses have been running on gas for years here but it has gone out of fashion as gas prices have increased - currently the price is about 80c a litre at the pump whereas petrol is about 127c/L and diesel 137c/L. but it varies from day to day (I bought diesel yesterday for 127c/L)

Hydrogen is a non starter, clean to burn but filthy to produce.
Yes, that was lPg. Now lNg is used.
Hydrogen is also produced from water using electricity, but that seems a little ineffective even if the electricty is produced by wind or water turbines.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
You may "assume", I didn't; you may say "mixed", I didn't; you may say "transported", I didn't ..... as for suggestions, I can't make any about things I didn't say.
Then how do YOU assume how russian gas comes to britain without it being clear where it is transported from?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

12-08-2019, 03:06 PM

Yes, that was lPg. Now lNg is used.
Hydrogen is also produced from water using electricity, but that seems a little ineffective even if the electricty is produced by wind or water turbines.
Electrolysis of water to produce hydrogen uses more power than the product can produce. We used to make it at BHP using natural gas and steam.

Hydrogen fuel is very fashionable as a fuel here with all sorts of strategy papers being produced but I don't think it will happen. If only because of the LEL and UEL of hydrogen.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 04:04 PM

We already produce about 50% of our own gas. The rest of it we can get by fracking so we won't need to import it.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top