Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 02:10 PM

Re: Aprons

I used to wear a tee shirt back in the 60's, if I wore it now
I would be lynched, I had "Let the Rib Wear the Bib" printed in blue letters on it, honestly.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I used to wear a tee shirt back in the 60's, if I wore it now
I would be lynched, I had "Let the Rib Wear the Bib" printed in blue letters on it, honestly.

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 04:16 PM

I have a plastic one that came free with a container of Domestos.
The only time I wear it is when I dog sit and the dog needs a bath, otherwise I am soaked.
Mellie
New Member!
Dorset, England
Mellie is female 

22-02-2013, 05:09 PM

I seem to remember that a 'pinny' was one of the first things we made in the sewing class at school (one inch blue gingham checks if I remember rightly), the next term we did Domestic Science and had to wear our pinny, I wasn't any good at sewing so I expect that mine fell apart

I got some pretty little afternoon aprons as wedding presents, they were meant to be worn when I served afternoon tea! Enough said about that bit of sexism I think
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mellie ->
I seem to remember that a 'pinny' was one of the first things we made in the sewing class at school (one inch blue gingham checks if I remember rightly), the next term we did Domestic Science and had to wear our pinny, I wasn't any good at sewing so I expect that mine fell apart

I got some pretty little afternoon aprons as wedding presents, they were meant to be worn when I served afternoon tea! Enough said about that bit of sexism I think

Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 06:07 PM

Daughter bought me a lovely apron two years ago, yes I do wear it
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 09:07 PM

I had to make an apron out of red gingham when at school, which when finished, was to be worn for 'Domestic Science'.
But I never finished it.
So started the years of not wearing an apron when being a domestic scientist
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 09:23 PM

No aprons for me either and I was the same as Spinner at school - "domestic scientist" I never was either. I wear OH's old shirts when I de-dog the dog and sometimes put a tea-towel around me when cooking and that's your lot - I am a mucky monkey, but I agree with Meg, an apron is hygenic.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 10:50 PM

I get mine from Tescos, nice patriotic one with the union flag on it.
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 11:57 PM

I have three, an RNLI for the BBQ in France, a black one for the same here at home, and one blue with yellow stripes in the campervan for open air cooking when we are in it. Of course one of them also gets worn when I am eating SpagBog which is guaranteed to get on whatever freshly washed or brand new shirt I am wearing at the time. (Which is a good reason not to eat SpagBog in a restaurant!)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top