Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 02:14 PM

Re: A bit of a dilemma

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

Seriously stevmk2 all us good looking fellas are plagued throughout our lives with this problem.
In my earlier years it was a mate or two of the wifes especially at party's which I used to love having for any reason because I did like my shandys .
Then later on once or twice at work.
39yrs faithful come Jan 31st, like you very proud of it.
But before I got married it was any port in a storm the wifes mother knew this and tried like hell to part us.
I found the best way was to approach admirers and be totally honest. Yes you may fancy a bit of rumpy pumpy with them but you are a loyal person and you don't want to lose what you have.
9 times out of ten you'll be surprised that they are happy to just stay your friend.
Good luck with however you approach it.

Women eh they'll be the death of us mere mortal men.:twisted:

Yes matey, but what a way to go!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 02:33 PM

Well there's been a fair amount of comment and advice here so Thanks for that.

One comment made me laugh - "wishful thinking" !!! No it's not, and just isn't me at all!

There's nothing wrong in my marriage and by the way, as my wife's got a bit of a hip problem now and I'm a born worrier, most people at work must be bored to death with me going on about it by now.

Looks like I'll have to play it carefully really but basically I'll try my best to avoid her, like Patsy said, which shouldn't be too difficult and she'll work it out for herself.

Doesn't always work but a lack of any response usually gets understood in time. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Yes Steve - lack of response is the right way to go, worked for me - hope all goes well and she gets the message, soon !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Update.(Yes, I know it's been a while but I've been busy and not very well either!)

The result of my ignoring this person is that now she treats me with disdain, much as I expected from past experience but from my point of view that's great!

It justifies my normal leanings towards workplace relationships in some ways, which has always been you don't call or regard work colleagues as friends.

It tends to put you in an uneasy relationship that often backfires on you!

Likewise, never, EVER be talked into being the spokesperson for any reason at work 'cos you can more or less guarantee that when it comes to the crunch, you'll look around for the promised support to find yourself alone...... stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 07:37 PM

You are 'so' right !
I am experiencing your last paragraph, they want you to do - as they stay under the radar !

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top