Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 07:13 PM

Mud

I try my best to get out no matter what the weather Mollie loves her little walks and Betty Chihuahua walks a surprisingly long distance quite chirpily but MUD is beginning to get me down this year. I don't mind it for a day or two but it's been weeks and weeks and we are knee deep in the flipping stuff everyday. Poor Mollie is fed up of being hosed down and Betty is up to her chin in it everywhere we seem to go.

Went to Frensham Pond today, lovely weather almost warm in the sunshine but MUD everywhere, cars plastered in it again and so were we.

Still could be worse I guess at this time of year it could be coming down as snow.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 07:21 PM

Re: Mud

Tell me about it ! Just cleaned my muddy walking boots from Thursday's walk with my friend ready for a walk tomorrow - not as easy as it seems when you live in a flat!

I even had to put plastic shoe covers on in case the bus driver refused to let me on when I was coming home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 07:26 PM

Try having a schnauzer with white fluffy legs and beard Julie .

I have to spend ages in garage washing and drying Chloe each time she goes out. The mud is up to her tummy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 07:30 PM

'Mud - glorious mud !' What fool wrote that, may be good for Rhinos and Eles - not so good for us though
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Tell me about it ! Just cleaned my muddy walking boots from Thursday's walk with my friend ready for a walk tomorrow - not as easy as it seems when you live in a flat!

I even had to put plastic shoe covers on in case the bus driver refused to let me on when I was coming home.
I know we have to remove boots and wash down dogs as best we can before we tramp through the communal hallway and upstairs not easy at all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 07:55 PM

You have my sympathy, Julie. Enough hassle removing boots outside main door without dealing with dogs as well !
Jazziwoz
Lincs, UK
Jazziwoz is female 

19-01-2014, 08:51 PM

And its not just outside .... I find that the whole house feels dirty when its muddy outside walls and doors from muddy dogs, muddy skirting boards from kicked off wellies and muddy paw prints means the kitchen floor is always in need of another wash
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 12:44 AM

I'm afraid mine just have to put up with lead walking if the fields are too muddy to access. I detest that mud that sucks your boots off and can't see the pleasure in trying to walk in it, as well as being afraid of slipping over. With 4 dogs to clean up as well, I'd never get anything else done.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

20-01-2014, 12:50 AM

Whoops ... muddy fields ! ... two years ago my friend and I got stuck in mud ..... had to call for help so police/fire brigade/ambulances all attended and we ended up at A & E with mild hypothermia ! We were covered in mud and the smell of cow dung was yuk !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 12:50 AM

It's not just the dogs though, Floyd's bad enough, getting his tummy muddy without even trying! My two cats have to use my bedroom window because we're no allowed to put a cat flap in the door. Hence my window sill is constantly filthy, so are the edges of the curtain and the top of the cupboard and I have to keep a bathmat on the foot of my bed, little s**s. Good job I haven't decorated yet. Not to mention dripping wet furry things trying to snuggle up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top