Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 04:42 PM

Derek Chauvin murder trial starts

Derek Chauvin, the white police officer who killed George Floyd, an African-American, starts today. Chauvin, is facing 2nd degree murder of George Floyd while pressing a knee into Floyd's neck for 9 minutes.
It will take several weeks for the jury to be selected. A difficult task because every American has seen video of the killing. each potential juror will have to convince the court that even though they had seen the video, they still can remain impartial.
Following the death of George Floyd the "Black Lives Matter" movement started, and riots spread across the nation. If Derek Chauvin is found not guilty, riots from coast to coast are sure to follow.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 05:15 PM

Re: Derek Chauvin murder trial starts

This is the time you lot need Trump more than ever.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 05:15 PM

What do you think Bakerman ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 05:32 PM

In my mind he will have to be found guilty surely because he did kill that man , and if he isnt found guilty it will cause a riot . It is awful I feel I already know the verdict
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
In my mind he will have to be found guilty surely because he did kill that man , and if he isnt found guilty it will cause a riot . It is awful I feel I already know the verdict
Being killed while resisting arrest is not murder.

However a white man even daring to TRY to arrest a BAME is a contravention of its "human rights" right from the get-go.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
There but for the grace of God, go l Susan !!
And l am sure thousands of others too ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What do you think Bakerman ?
Do I think Chauvin is guilty ? Absolutely !
George Floyd was handcuffed, lying prone on the ground, jammed against the front wheel of the police vehicle, and totally helpless. At that point, all Chauvin had to do was lift him up and place him in the vehicle. No possible excuse to exert physical force on Floyd's neck. And CERTAINLY NOT FOR 9 MINUTES. In my mind it was cold blooded murder.

American cops have entirely too much power over the citizenry, which is too often used against those who the cop dislikes/hates.

If anything positive comes of this trial, I hope that "qualified immunity" is dramatically cut back. Police officers are SUPPOSED to be servants of the people NOT judge, jury and executioners.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 06:27 PM

Hi

The trial is being shown on one of the Sky channels here in the UK
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-03-2021, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Do I think Chauvin is guilty ? Absolutely !
George Floyd was handcuffed, lying prone on the ground, jammed against the front wheel of the police vehicle, and totally helpless. At that point, all Chauvin had to do was lift him up and place him in the vehicle. No possible excuse to exert physical force on Floyd's neck. And CERTAINLY NOT FOR 9 MINUTES. In my mind it was cold blooded murder.

American cops have entirely too much power over the citizenry, which is too often used against those who the cop dislikes/hates.

If anything positive comes of this trial, I hope that "qualified immunity" is dramatically cut back. Police officers are SUPPOSED to be servants of the people NOT judge, jury and executioners.
You need to look waaay beyond your prejudice against the police and especially so in this case.

Floyd was off his face and resisting arrest and there was a hostile crowd assembling. Granted American police can be --- difficult in some cases but they have to deal with a hostile public in "some" parts of town. Once the howls and false news had quietened down and the full picture has emerged a VERY different story has emerged.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
do i think chauvin is guilty ? Absolutely !
George floyd was handcuffed, lying prone on the ground, jammed against the front wheel of the police vehicle, and totally helpless. At that point, all chauvin had to do was lift him up and place him in the vehicle. No possible excuse to exert physical force on floyd's neck. And certainly not for 9 minutes. In my mind it was cold blooded murder.

If anything positive comes of this trial, i hope that "qualified immunity" is dramatically cut back. Police officers are supposed to be servants of the people not judge, jury and executioners.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top